Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy stereo  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
Trophy stereo
« on: April 02, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
Apparently, I am one of the few who loves their stereo, and am happy it came on the bike.  Primarily, I run bluetooth via Sena SMH10 and only shift to speakers after my Sena dies.  Other than that, the stereo from my Trophy has become my garage stereo, and is basically on whenever I am in my garage.  I highly suggest using a battery tender/optimizer if you go this route though.  I have to admit, it puts out some pretty decent sound for a 2x20w system (when stopped, of course).

I haven't looked into the major differences between the North America/UK bikes, but I really like having weather radio built in to the NA versions- that is HUGE IMO, and would have really helped me out on a trip to Alaska 2 years ago.

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
Re: Trophy stereo
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 05:09:36 PM »
I do the same and have no issues with it, also the phone comes through it and the GPS.  :062:
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
I think the only real difference in the audio systems is that the NA version has XM satellite radio. I suspect that the actual hardware is exactly the same on every bike with various options enabled by software.

Years ago I had a TomTom sarnav which was mounted on a bracket and bike powered. Unfortunately it had a headset connector that only worked after being charged by a mains power adaptor. Once the battery was flat you had no more audio at all until you recharged the unit. After this experience I vowed that I would never have a system that could not be bike powered.

My current system (Intaride) has a bluetooth module that pretends to be a headset and feeds the signal into a wired intercom/bike-2-bike system. I will try to pair this with the Trophy audio system as soon as I get a chance.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline oz1759

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Tidworth
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »
The radio was probably the major selling point for me to decide to buy the SE

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 10:13:37 PM »
my radio fails because it does not recognize any intercom at the dealership are studying

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 01:54:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by miss [+]
my radio fails because it does not recognize any intercom at the dealership are studying
It works brilliantly with a Sena SMH10 system.

Offline chrismathews

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200SE
  • City / Town: Isle of Wight
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 08:28:11 AM »
The radio was one of the key selling points for me - and I find it excellent through interphone bluetooth headset. Have hooked up phone to bike but only had one call and that was not a success but may be due to reception issues with the phones rather than the bike.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 06:53:14 PM »
How is everyone's radio reception , mine while parked and not running ig good but once on the move is quite lacking , cutting and fading in and out ...
Any thoughts ?  :084:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

tweedy-bunch