Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated Seat Icon - is my Trophy unique?  (Read 4414 times)

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
Heated Seat Icon - is my Trophy unique?
« on: December 31, 2014, 11:01:06 pm »
a few months ago the rear heated seat icon started to flicker between one bar and two - dealer fitted a new switch, and all was well. Now the front heated seat icon is doing the same, and I'm sure they'll fit a new switch for that, no problem.

Did a search, and no-one else seems to have had this issue. Is my Trophy unique?

Offline GolforRide

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Coquitlam
Re: Heated Seat Icon - is my Trophy unique?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 11:32:43 pm »
Good to hear I'm not the only one
I bought my bike in November and everything was working now only the high works on my seat only pillon doesn't register at all
The shop have had my bike for almost a month now how to see it by mid January again.
Luckily it's to cold and wet to ride here in the winter if you consider that lucky!
I
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:12:00 am by pryce »
Please take my opinion, I'm not using it!!!

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 08:32:30 am »
Same thing happened to my rear heated switch, replaced under warranty but have noticed that the front one is starting to play up. Not sure if its water getting into the contacts or what but is obviously a quality issue that needs looking at.

I also have an issue when the outside air temp drops to about 4 degrees  C the centre LCD MPH indicator just shows ---- I took a picture to show the dealer but they cannot find anything wrong, it's not a big deal as the main dial still works but if it's not working as advertised then it needs sorting so will be writing to Triumph.

Other than a TPMS sensor  failing and also being replaced under warranty then loving the bike but will be concerned when the warranty runs out so may have to part ex for?? Another Trophy  :001:
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 08:53:10 am »
Have the same issue with the MPH display when its cold.  Also TPMS error only when its cold though.

Needs to be fixed.

G
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:49:04 am »
*Originally Posted by terrytriumphgt1050 [+]
Same thing happened to my rear heated switch, replaced under warranty but have noticed that the front one is starting to play up. Not sure if its water getting into the contacts or what but is obviously a quality issue that needs looking at.

Relieved I'm not the only one.

I also have an issue when the outside air temp drops to about 4 degrees  C the centre LCD MPH indicator just shows ---- I took a picture to show the dealer but they cannot find anything wrong, it's not a big deal as the main dial still works but if it's not working as advertised then it needs sorting so will be writing to Triumph.

I think they all do it - mine certainly does - I think it's just the Trophy's way of saying "take it easy"

Other than a TPMS sensor  failing and also being replaced under warranty then loving the bike but will be concerned when the warranty runs out so may have to part ex for?? Another Trophy  :001:

Concerns me too. Main worry is the residual values. I tried to part-ex mine for a new one two weeks ago, and was quoted £8500 p/ex for my May 13 standard bike (10,000 miles) against £16,800 for a new black SE, so at £8300 the diff, I won't be doing that. Might go for a nearly new K1600, just for the craic…..

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 01:40:58 pm »
The heated seat switches are available on ebay for less than £5 not worth trading you bike in for  :006:
Now if it was a BMW with all the problems they have had with switch gear over £250
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:43:03 pm by malcolm »

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 03:57:58 pm »
+1 on the BMW comment, and from what I read on their forum it is still going on to some extent, although they have a new design now that is expected to solve that issue.  According to one of the truly brilliant minds on the forum that had the problem and scrutinized it and suggested a solution, it was a difference in expansion factors between the plastic switch housing and the thin film copper conductor applied to it causing the conductor to crack and lose continuity at summer temperatures in the sun.  I think the current version of their switch uses wire now.  Our Trophies don't really have many issues compared to some models of other brands.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline threeup

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE - Black
  • City / Town: Nantwich
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 04:15:03 pm »
My heated seat icon started showing the passenger seat heater on when it was not as others have reported. This morning I called Staffordshire Triumph - my usual dealer - and explained the issue. They said they could fit me in at 2:00 pm today, so I went. The engineer had the bike just under an hour after which it was returned to me with:
  • A new switch - fault corrected
  • Another switch replaced - the rider heated seat failed their tests
  • The news that the Rider's seat cabling was suspect so they have a replacement seat on order and will contact me when it is ready

Now that is what I call good customer service!! :152:
Now got Black TTSE
Used to have Pre-Launch Trophy - lowest recorded Trophy VIN
Why Threeup? Me, SWMBO and her bear (Fredbear)