Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bike turntable  (Read 11226 times)

Offline Bobbya

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
Bike turntable
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:23:32 pm »
Hi,I've been looking at a bike turntable from a firm called Movetech UK,I am thinking of buying one,has anyone on here got one if so which is the best size to use for the triumph  trophy SE being as there is about £50 difference between the two sizes,thank you.
I am innocent☺!!

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: Bike turntable
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 04:02:40 pm »
I think this has been discussed in other threads with pictures.

Offline Bobbya

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 05:20:41 pm »
*Originally Posted by john348 [+]
I think this has been discussed in other threads with pictures.
Thank you I will tr and find it.
I am innocent☺!!

Offline Mordiglio

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophie SE
  • City / Town: Epsom
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 06:53:50 pm »
Hi Bobbya,
I have one of those
You will need the larger size for the TT
It works great and couldn't do without it, but I had to make some mods:

1) The bolt in the middle is cheap plastic, and after a while it broke. I had replaced it with a metal one
2) After few months of use it became stiff and wouldn't turn very smoothly. I've lubricated it with graphite powder more than a year ago and it's as smooth as it can be. (do not use any liquid or greasy lubricants as they will attract dirt and eventually scratch the surface between the 2 disks).
3) It's much harder to put the TT on the center stand with the turntable underneath. I've built a small wooden ramp (about 10-15cm high) and placed in front of the front wheel. I push the front wheel on top of the small ramp, lock the bike with the front brake, push down the center stand in the centre of the turn table, and slightly help the bike roll back down the ramp and on the centerstand (almost no effort required)
I then push down slightly on the back seat or top-box to balance the bike on the turntable, and rotate 180 degrees to the position I want it, ready to go. Easy.

Offline Bobbya

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 07:36:53 pm »
*Originally Posted by Mordiglio [+]
Hi Bobbya,
I have one of those
You will need the larger size for the TT
It works great and couldn't do without it, but I had to make some mods:

1) The bolt in the middle is cheap plastic, and after a while it broke. I had replaced it with a metal one
2) After few months of use it became stiff and wouldn't turn very smoothly. I've lubricated it with graphite powder more than a year ago and it's as smooth as it can be. (do not use any liquid or greasy lubricants as they will attract dirt and eventually scratch the surface between the 2 disks).
3) It's much harder to put the TT on the center stand with the turntable underneath. I've built a small wooden ramp (about 10-15cm high) and placed in front of the front wheel. I push the front wheel on top of the small ramp, lock the bike with the front brake, push down the center stand in the centre of the turn table, and slightly help the bike roll back down the ramp and on the centerstand (almost no effort required)
I then push down slightly on the back seat or top-box to balance the bike on the turntable, and rotate 180 degrees to the position I want it, ready to go. Easy.
Thank you for that very helpful I think I wll probably get one save me doing a 20 point turn in the driveway,not being the lightest bike in the world,thanks again.
I am innocent☺!!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 09:36:50 am »
Or, if you have a smooth painted surface of garage floor,
an upside down, heavy duty, rubber backed carpet tile does the job a lot cheaper !  :028:
( even if you include a tin of garage floor paint in the price ! )

Offline Bobbya

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 03:04:02 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
Or, if you have a smooth painted surface of garage floor,
an upside down, heavy duty, rubber backed carpet tile does the job a lot cheaper !  :028:
( even if you include a tin of garage floor paint in the price ! )

Excellent idea,too late ordered and dispatched,I love Internet shopping!! :002:
I am innocent☺!!

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 04:07:55 pm »
It will be good to see how you get on with it.  i am about to move and will need to sort out the new garage/shed for the bikes.

tweedy-bunch