Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: presentation  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Brunodeola

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: vouneuil sur vienne
presentation
« on: April 02, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
Hi,
I got my new Trophy SE 3 weeks ago. I owned many bikes in my life (riding for 36years).
This one is to travel with my love. it's a great ride. slow or fast road gives me the same big smile on my face.

The BIG drawback are all the problems I encounter for a brand new motorcycle (espacially at that price tag)
the dealer is suppose to look at it around the 16th of April. If someone had the same problems, please let me know if it was fixed and how. For now, I'm expecting a serious reaction from Triumph.

The problems: the heated grips worked only half an hour, since that nothing. Even on the computer, nothing is showing anymore.
                      I cannot, and the dealer, can not adjust the headlights height. We cannot access to the setting.
                      The front fork joints are leeking from Km2, yes2. One of them, the worst is thrawing oil on the body side and back on the muffler to give an idea of the "problem". I cannot ride the bike for more than a half hour at a time or it becomes very dangerous as it goes also on the front tire and front disks.
                      May be I'm too peeky, but I find the gearbox very hard.
                      A last one, the bike was not possible to ride without a big handlebar shake past 100Km/h. The tires were not inflated properly...

Bruno, a dissapointed owner.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: presentation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
Bonjour,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. The grips and headlight issues sound like software glitches. Maybe you dealer needs to update/reprogram your bike.

Leaking fork seals are not good but have been known before. I seem to remember that Triumph may replace the faulty units and recall them for investigation.

I agree that the gearbox is a little harsh, but my bike only has a few miles on it and has not been run in. It may ease off after a few miles. Others may be able to confirm/disprove this. I am used to a Honda ST1300 anyway and these are not known for slick gearboxes!

I have not got mine to 100km/h yet so cannot comment, but I don't recall anybody else having this problem.

As regards the tyre pressures- you have an SE, did the tyre pressure warning not alert you to this?

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:30 PM »
Hi Brunodeola
You need the motor running, to adjust the headlight or else, the adjustment bar will not show on the dash when you press on headlight adj.
I don't believe the fork leaks are "grease" The brake pads may have been contaminated by the fluid, so make sure they are checked and replaced.

I found my tyres were over inflated, but that shouldn't create wobbles. I presume yours were underinflated, by a lot. Check for loose bolts on the frame and suspension - It has happened. Check your Steering Head bearings for looseness.

Triumph, by now, should have issued a directive re these fork fluid problems. If they haven't, they are on shaky ground. Any accidents, re contaminated discs or pads reducing braking efficiency, contributing to an accident, could see litigation, as it's not an isolated occurrence and Triumph are surely aware of it by now.

BP - I find the gearbox very good , a little stiff between 1 & 2, but much better than the ST. So is the drivetrain - Excellent for a Shaftie.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:29:00 AM »
I find the gearbox pretty good, it is just that the clutch is very sharp at the moment. I expect that will improve as the bike is run in.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:14:38 AM »
Hi there Brunodeola

I can only comment about the gearbox as I have had no experience with any of the faults you have mentioned.

I have done over 2000 miles now and find that the gearbox gets smoother as the miles progress.

'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 05:25:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
Hi there Brunodeola

I can only comment about the gearbox as I have had no experience with any of the faults you have mentioned.

I have done over 2000 miles now and find that the gearbox gets smoother as the miles progress.

I agree :028: Better also after 1st service without running in oil.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Brunodeola

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: vouneuil sur vienne
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »
Many thanks for all your answers.
We  will see after the 16th of April... I hope the dealer can fixe all the problems.
I really like this bike especially the comfort for two.
If they cannot fixe everything, I will ask them to replace the bike or give me the money back.
For now it's a very dangerous bike to ride. I don' feel safe having to wipe the forks off every half hour.
Not talking about the oil all over.
Bruno.

Offline Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sym GTS 300i Evo
  • City / Town: Rotherham
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 04:42:54 PM »
Hi Brunodeola, :431: to here of your problems.
As I am very keen to buying the Trophy I would be very interested to know the outcome of your problems, it's the first complaint I have herd of,  :440: keep us informed. :087: