Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Screen stuck  (Read 1981 times)

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
Screen stuck
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:36:31 am »
10 months  of ownership and so far TPMS failure and now the screen is stuck in the up position, to be honest it's getting me down so am seriously considering ditching triumph altogether, never thought I would say that. :161:
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Re: Screen stuck
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 02:47:27 pm »
Do you not think you are over reacting a little. What was your previous bike did it even have TPMS or an adjustable screen?
Nether problem affects you riding the bike and I am sure Triumph will fix it so cheer up and go for a ride  :001:

Offline GJ-Trophy

• Trophy Pro
  • Enjoy life but don't take dangerous risks.
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: West Wickham
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 03:03:19 pm »
Have the same problem with the rear TPMS sensor, but it doesn't stop me riding the bike. Spoke to the dealer and suggested they replace it under warranty when I bring the bike in for its 1st service.

Agree if it's safety related or stop you riding then get pissed but not for minor things. That can be resolved and allows you to enjoy the bike even more.

GJ-Trophy :152:
1st bike Yamaha DT125, 2nd bike Yamaha XV535 Virago 3rd bike Honda CBR 1000 F, 4th bike Honda Hornet 600 (story to tell) 5th bike Suzuki B-King 1300, 6th bike Suzuki GSX1250 FA. Then comes the cream of them all the TTSE in Blue the best colour in my opinion ....... :-)

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 05:32:22 pm »
*Originally Posted by malcolm [+]
Do you not think you are over reacting a little. What was your previous bike did it even have TPMS or an adjustable screen?
Nether problem affects you riding the bike and I am sure Triumph will fix it so cheer up and go for a ride  :001:

Maybe I was spoilt by my last triumph which gave me 3 years of trouble free riding before i part ex'd for the Trophy or maybe I expect too much, either way the issues so far that have required warranty work have not stopped me riding the bike but require me taking a day off work and a 200 mile round journey so it's more inconvience than anything, although today with the screen fully stuck up dark and raining the view ahead was pretty rubbish. My main concern is after the warranty expires in 2 years and going on my experience the previous 10 months what can I expect, wonder if Triumph offer extended warranty? 
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 06:37:34 pm »
It's the old adage........... The more there is to go wrong........... then more will go wrong.

The bikes are more complicated now and try owning another brand (starts with B and ends with W) with all the issues they have.   :164:
It wasn't me !!