Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New to the Forum  (Read 4871 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy, Stratoliner
  • City / Town: Ohio
New to the Forum
« on: January 20, 2015, 12:12:18 am »
I am new to this forum and want to say hello to everyone. I'm from the US and have been looking at purchasing a Trophy SE. I have been riding for 39 years. Love heading out on 2 wheels to have some fun. Like to see the scenery and  tame the twisties. High speed sweepers are also a lot of fun.

Time to live up to the tradition here. Where is that bar tender? This round is on me.
Keep it sticky side down.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 01:01:04 am »
Welcome to a fellow Buckeye. Southeastern Ohio can be a blast on the Trophy.

Offline LoneWolf

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy, Stratoliner
  • City / Town: Ohio
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:30:42 am »
NavyDad,

Yes SE Ohio is one of my favorite places in Ohio. Thanks for the welcome.

I really like the reviews on the Trophy SE. However this forum and another I found are full of problems and recalls. The ECU, Battery issues and sound system problems are just a few of the ones I have read.

Have you found your Trophy SE to be reliable? Any problems?
Keep it sticky side down.

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:41:26 am »
One year old with 20,000 miles on it and no issues at all. I did have the ECM replaced under recall, but was not having any issues before the work was done. My wife and I loaded it like a pack mule and spent two weeks going to the Black Hills in South Dakota. When we got back I loaded the camping gear and spent three weeks running around the southern US on a solo trip. Consistently got 47 MPG or better on the Dakota run and over 50 on the solo run. I am a happy customer.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 03:42:50 am »
Welcome to the Forum :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 06:21:41 am »
Hi Lonewolf and welcome!  :400:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 06:46:43 am »
*Originally Posted by LoneWolf [+]
I am new to this forum and want to say hello to everyone. I'm from the US and have been looking at purchasing a Trophy SE. I have been riding for 39 years. Love heading out on 2 wheels to have some fun. Like to see the scenery and  tame the twisties. High speed sweepers are also a lot of fun.

Time to live up to the tradition here. Where is that bar tender? This round is on me.
:401:  I  was here too, before I purchased my TTSE. I am very happy with mine, now owned  it for more than a year.

There is a small percentage who get lemons, just as will happen with any make and model, so don't let reading those messages discourage you.  Problems is one of the main reasons why these form exist. You will read about problems in any type of vehicle forum.

I think you should read this tread, if you have not already. About 90% are happy with their TTSE.

But you're a FNG (an unofficial but common  army term)  if you have only been riding 39 years. I have been riding for 50 years.

-Don-  SSF, CA
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 07:32:07 am »
Welcome aboard, LoneWolf!  The others are correct; there are always a few people with some bad luck, but overall, owners love the Trophy!  If you haven't treated yourself to a test ride, do so soon.  But be warned: it's an expensive event!

:821:
STONEY