Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Lifestyles  (Read 5381 times)

Ndo

Re: Lifestyles
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 09:35:36 PM »
BTbay,

Took a pic of myself looking out your window...I used to visit Denver CO cause my ex-witch family lived there. Shoveling snow is the undisputable worth thing I ever done as a visitor in this planet!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:37:33 PM by Ndo »

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »
Lol. Come on , it's pure , it's clean long as its not yellow ... and refreshing ...!
One can always dress for the cold one can only shed so many clothes in the heat ...!   :821:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Ndo

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »
I agree with u snow is beautiful and refreshing. In fact, I love watching it on TV...Ha!
I rather shed water in the heat than put on clothe to keep cold out.

now if we bad my weather in your country we would just up and move in the TT for good...never mind the house!

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
I am totally envious of all you guys across the pond that within a days ride the the different cultures you can experience ...!  :152:
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 12:37:37 PM »
And different weathers?

Offline Quinn

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Durham, NC
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2013, 02:28:22 AM »
Where to start?  I'm in the Piedmont region of the Southeast of America; three hours from the Atlantic ocean, three hours from the Appalachian Mountain Range.  Hot and humid in the Summer and mild Winters that have few snowfalls; haven't had to be off the bike for more than two weeks at a time due to weather.  Food is sweet iced tea, slow cooked chopped pork in a vinegar sauce, peacan pie, fried chicken, and vegetables overcooked until they're mushy.  Activities in my area are tractor pulls, deer hunting, college basketball (Duke, UNC, NCSU), and beach music. 

For motorcycling, there's the Blue Ridge Parkway--470 miles of scenic two lane road, limited access along the spine of the Blue Ridge mountains with lots of good roads right off of it.  Then at the Western end of the state there's the "Dragon", which boasts 318 curves in 11 miles, that has become a must-do for sports car clubs and bikers. 

http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

------------
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 05:29:01 AM »
Quinn I lived in Lexington VA for three years and immediately after that in Raleigh for Four years. As far as I'm concerned you can draw a big circle covering that distance and you have the best place to live in the US. Ridden the Parkway many many times. And every road connected to it.  Used to love to take back roads all over to get over to  Asheville, Boone then ride in to Tennessee then up to western part of Virginia and back. As for food the thing I miss most is Carolina BBQ. These texans just don't know how to make good BBQ. Tomato based sauce and beef. Wrong sauce, wrong meat.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST