Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Tank bag  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
Tank bag
« on: January 24, 2015, 12:30:25 pm »
Does anyone have the Triumph tank bag on there trophy? Just wondering about the quality and fit. Does it have a good amount of storage inside?
Trophy Tom

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Tank bag
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:53:33 pm »
Do a search as the merits of the tank bag have been discussed a few times.

But in a nutshell the basics are that it seems an odd shape when you first get it but it is perfect for the bike and means there is no interference with the full lock of the handlebars. Capacity is fair for a tank bag and there is the extra map pocket for it too. It is good quality and fits well and securely to the bike itself and allows very easy access to the fuel tank when you need to fill up.

Biggest complaint is that it is not fully waterproof as it comes and you need to put a condom on it to keep dry in heavy rain. Showers are no real problem as the area is well protected weatherise generally.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 01:17:55 pm »
I have used mine for extensive touring and found it never let water in (especially on the trophy with all its protection) but perhaps not been out in very heavy rain with it on.  As said easy to get off for filling up and walking away with all your valuables in.  I have never used the waterproof cover.  I also added an 'optimate' plug to the battery and secured it to the steering head and use that for powering the tank bag!

The only thing that has gone wrong is the bit of rubber in the recess for the front 'foot' of the tank bag came loose when it got very hot in France  :114: .  The glue reset when cooler!!!!  Not a big problem I suppose!!!

Offline Rolf

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Vaale
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 01:40:22 pm »
No problems after (in my opinion) easy installing by myself. Fits good and easy to install and remove. (Just a little bit too near to drivers stomach, I think my personal "airbag" is a little bit too large  :008: )

But I had only used it in dry times, can't say anything to water resistance.

For me it was a good investion.

Cheers Rolf

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 06:49:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by Trophy Tom [+]
Does anyone have the Triumph tank bag on there trophy? Just wondering about the quality and fit. Does it have a good amount of storage inside?
Quality and fit is fine, IMO and storage isn't bad. On a bike, every little bit helps, IMO.

If you have moved your handlebar up an inch, as many here have done, with one inch spacers and new bolts, then the tank bag will also require these same spacers to move up the front of the tank bag. Easy to do with the Triumph Tank Bag. If the added spacers are on the handlebars but not the tank bag, the tank bag will be unusable.

-Don-  Reno, NV

1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 07:42:59 pm »
If the added spacers are on the handlebars but not the tank bag, the tank bag will be unusable.

:460:

A very good point - the Tank Bag is sculpted to clear the handlebars when they are turned,
and raising the handlebars will alter the clearance -
I wonder how many Members have altered their bars, and not thought about this ? !   :138:

If the added spacers are on the handlebars but not the tank bag, the tank bag will be unusable.

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 09:37:38 pm »
I found it to be a very odd shape inside and would have liked a few external pockets for coins etc.

I seem to recall it made finding the ignition key a bit awkward - but not a major problem.
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »
Think I will probley order one, my son works for the triumph dealer and gets a great discount . Thanks for all the imput
Trophy Tom

tweedy-bunch