Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New TOY  (Read 6858 times)

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: New TOY
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 05:19:23 pm »
Still on the subject of "New Toy"...

I braved the near freezing conditions earlier today for a quite 48 mile Bimble in Comfort Mode. Just spent too many days tinkering and playing with my (new to me) '12 TTSE I was beginning to suffer from Cabin Fever.
Time to get "out there" and check out my Farkles were up to the job and to scrub the new tyres in a bit more.

Pleased to report that my DIY Exhaust and Radiator Grilles were up to the job - much admired at the Dealers... and that my Digital Voltage Indication meter worked much as expected, showing 14.1 to 14.2 volts at normal traffic speeds with Heated Grips on the Low setting.
The LiFePo4 Battery seems well up to the job. Despite all the down time and me "playing with the Toys" in the Garage over the past week she fired up instantly this morning..

What I did notice, it being the first time I have ridden this bike in such cold temperatures (between 1 and 3 degrees C), was the cooling effect of "backwash" on the backs of my thighs from the wonderful weather protection up front i.e. the Fairing and Windscreen. I've not noticed this before on my two earlier Hinckley Trophy variants.

It made me think about the Heated Seat option - my '12 TTSE came without them - never been fitted apparently.
Then I realised I was wearing my 3-Season Textiles (instead of leathers for once) and I had not fitted the quilted liners...Never needed to in the past (6 years I've had them, riding in all weathers).
I'd better go and find them...

Lovely bike though... So relaxing to ride.

I'm very happy with MY New Toy  :001:
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

tweedy-bunch