Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Private Number Plate - DH03 RAT  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Doctor46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE Launch Editon
  • City / Town: Lowestoft
Private Number Plate - DH03 RAT
« on: January 24, 2015, 09:47:49 pm »
Any Riders Association of Triumph members out there? Or Coppers (they'll know the relevance of it).

I'm selling the plate which is currently on my TT: DH03 RAT.

I bought my Trophy with this plate on it. I have my own plate that I have on retention, waiting to go on, so I'm going to sell this one

I've been told it is worth £300. So I would ask for that, plus the £105 DVLA fees - so £405. If someone buys it I would put it straight on to retention in the buyers name. Once the buyer has the new retention certificate then they can put it onto their own vehicle and there would be no extra costs to do so.

If you're interested, but don't think it's worth £300, make me an offer. You never know I may accept it.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 04:30:19 pm by Doctor46 »

Offline Doctor46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE Launch Editon
  • City / Town: Lowestoft
Re: Private Number Plate - DH03 RAT
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 09:54:36 pm »
Momentarily forgot how to add a picture, so here it is.

Offline TriumphRock

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:38:46 am »
Hi

Is this number plate still for sale, I originally bought the plate for £250, it means a lot to me?

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 07:37:00 pm »
boggles my mind how you guys handle personalized plates across the pond.  Damn expensive.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:45:41 pm »
 :431: but I would never pay that much for any license plate!  I am getting a personalized tag for my Trophy for about  $35.  It is my Amateur Radio license and is an old license I snatched up that hasn't been issued for 60 years. It is W0GW (Gary White) showing I am an Amateur Extra having all band privileges for U.S. Amateur radio operators. 

Anyways, being an American I don't have any idea what the meaning of the license is and why it's so valuable.  I expect a number of fellow members on the Forum are asking the same thing?

Best Regards,
Gary

Offline Ghostrider25

• Trophy Pro
  • Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: S. F. Bay Area
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 10:24:38 pm »
Yikes! That is steep for a plate. I would have to pass!

@Gary White, So you are a Ham radio operator eh?  My QRA is KN6JG! Advanced class.  I have not operated in quite a while now due to various reasons, but I do miss it and hope to get back to it one day.  Had a pretty nice vintage station set up, mostly tube and home made gear. Mostly CW as well. Remember our motto... Shut up and learn the code!   :001:

Sorry, didn't mean to get off topic. So again, that is a lot of cabbage for a plate! 
"The most important thing is to have a good relationship with the bike... you have to understand what she wants. I think of a motorcycle as a woman, and I know that sounds silly, but it's true".  - Valentino Rossi

Offline GaryWWhite

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 10:34:36 pm »
I would love to chat about HAM radio but the moderator has already slapped my hand once for getting off topic!
Cheers,
Gary

Offline greenduck1966

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: hornchurch
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 05:05:21 pm »
did i see you at the channel tunnel last week coming home from france.i was in a black camaro :451:
assumption  is the mother of all f~~~ups

tweedy-bunch