Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: The Oil Filter  (Read 1979 times)

Ndo

The Oil Filter
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:19:18 AM »
Any one has changed the oil yet?

Seems like the oil filter can only be access if you take the left fairing off. Or, even if you can get it out without removing the fairing, it looks like the oil from the oil filter would go all over the place including wires on the present locale.

I was thinking about building some kind of drainage gadget that would collect the oil from the filter as you disconnected and drain through a funnel into a receptacle...

Any one think of a way  to avoid spilling oil all over during the filter change?

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: The Oil Filter
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
 :451: Should be in maintenance and servicing  :010:
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:37:39 PM »
Search the Explorer forum. Someone over there is using a cut down plastic pop bottle. Think they have pictures as well.

Ndo

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:51 AM »
Clarge,

Could you be more specific about the "Explorer Forum"? Where would I find that at?

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach

Ndo

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »
Thanks for the lead: I looked in the explorer thread at the Coke bottle contraptions to catch the oil spill from the filter...hell I even had to registered at the Explorer site in order to look at the pics the thread.

Anyways, I got a better way: I went to an auto part place and bought a really soft pliable oil funnel. In fact, it could be cut to fit any desirable shape. It is much more pliable than the plastic on a coke bottle.

It cost 2 bucks and change, which is less than a coke bottle that big; and if you count the 30 dollars an hour I charge myself for cutting coke bottle plastic, its a lot cheaper.

That Coke bottle idea is cheaper if you drink that stuff...and if you got time to remodel the plastic. It looked like a pain in the asrses to me.

tweedy-bunch