Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TSBs Technical Service Bulletins  (Read 6486 times)

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: TSBs Technical Service Bulletins
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 07:02:22 am »
Agree with w8d4it....foster that relationship, visit as often as you can and spread the word....

You'll be part of a great family in no time.

My Dealer (Performance Triumph, Cheltenham) is bending over backwards for me with my recently acquired '12 TTSE. It's out of Factory Warranty, apart from the Head, but still covered by his 3 month Used Bike warranty.
He asked how I was getting on with the bike - No problems I said but mentioned a bit of corrosion on the underside of the Bevel Housing - probably as the result of a stone chip or something during it's previous life..

The Bevel Housing is being replaced during the upcoming 10K Mile Service - all Free of Charge  :152:
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline Original Scourge

• Trophy Member
  • My first and middle name is Bruce Wayne. Yep!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
Re: TSBs Technical Service Bulletins
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 07:58:54 am »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
:of course the obvious answer we are all overlooking is simply to establish a great rapport with your dealer and to periodically ask if there are any new TSBs on the Trophy.
Now I certainly agree with that.  I bought my Bonnie new a couple of years ago and I really like the guys at my dealership.  In fact, Lou at Triumph of Cincinnati is going to be on me like white on rice for not buying a brand new Trophy from him instead of shopping for a used model!  lol

It'll all be okay, though.  The service dept will make some $$$ for doing the safety recalls that are due.  And Lou will be looking up the numbers for a few parts that I'll want.

Just because I prefer to do my own wrenching doesn't mean that I don't know how the game is played.  I am a Triumph fan and, more than anything, I want Triumph and my local dealership to succeed and persevere and be there for me when I need them!

Thanks for all the quality input, fellas!

Bruce
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
2004 Harley-Davidson Low Rider
Past Bikes  -  1980 Honda Cb750c & a 1970 BSA Lightning.      I'm a lucky man!