Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Screen with a mind of its own and engine power failure  (Read 1714 times)

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
Screen with a mind of its own and engine power failure
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:07:25 pm »
I'm not sure if these problems are linked but for the past 2 weeks the screen has locked up or down depending on selection

Screen
When I turn the ignition off the screen starts to retract then locks and won't move either up of down after a couple of starts and messing about selecting up and down it eventually starts again although the switch even when selecting down the screen goes up, eventually things get back to normal but only until tomorrow when I will have to go through the same again.

Power (lack of)
Early morning on the way 2 work for the past 3 days I have lost all drive, it feels like the brakes are on and the throttle is unresponsive, I stop the bike and all is well again, worried that this will happen when I need power overtaking or in the fast lane, am recording these incidents as the bike goes in for its 10,000 service in 4 weeks but will the dealer find anything??
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline Gordon3xBBB

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2012 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stroud
Re: Screen with a mind of its own and engine power failure
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 06:19:58 pm »
Worrying....

I hope the Dealer will find various error of fault codes when they do the Diagnostics and get it sorted PDQ.

How old is the Bike and is the Battery in Good Condition i.e with a terminal voltage of greater than 10.7 volts off-load ?
1992 Trophy 900 MkI (aka My Lady Tracey)
1997 Trophy 900 MkII (aka My Lady Sharon)
2012 Trophy SE MkIII (aka Sophie)

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:20:14 pm »
Have you had the ecm update? That sound like thats the issue here.

Glen

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 06:20:59 pm »
Terry, I assume your bike has had the ECU upgrade? If not then I suggest you get that done sharpish. Your problems sound very similar to some of the issues people had before that was done.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 06:25:47 pm »
The bike is 11 months old all recalls are done, I was thinking that maybe the battery is not all it should be and maybe causing issues with the screen will check the battery voltage to see if things are Ok. As for the lack of power it's a bit weird as I don't even have to stop the bike just slow down to a stop and start off again and seems ok although I had to that twice this morning and it didn't do it on the commute home.
People who wear ties tell lies.

tweedy-bunch