Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES)  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Triumph Trophy

• Admin/Moderator
  • Forum Help & Support
    • View Profile
Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES)
« on: July 27, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
The Trophy is equiped with TES (Triumph Electronic Suspension), although only on the SE model.

It was developed in conjunction with Dutch manufacturer WP. Just as with the BMW ESA system, the system on the Trophy alters the damping and rear spring preload settings. The modes available are Normal, Sport, and Comfort, as well as adjusting to the bikes load. There's also 3 preload settings  - solo, solo plus luggage, and two up.

Interestingly the system is equiped with a memory where you can store separate configurations, apparently all changeable at the press of a button.

Obviously more will be known once we have the roads tests but certainly a subject for discussion.

:821:

Offline Hutchy

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph Electronic Suspension (TES)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 06:56:41 PM »
This is actually one of the things that really appeals to me. Adjusting suspension brings back memories of grazed knuckles and shock spanners that never fit. The thought of adjusting it with the flick of a switch (or whatever) is just pure heaven although admittedly it comes at a cost. Maybe I'm just getting old though  :001:

Offline Old Codger

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
Adjusting suspension brings back memories of grazed knuckles and shock spanners that never fit.

Like you I have the scars to prove it  :164:

Offline nerolab

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Explorer 1200
  • City / Town: BURY
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hutchy [+]
This is actually one of the things that really appeals to me. Adjusting suspension brings back memories of grazed knuckles and shock spanners that never fit. The thought of adjusting it with the flick of a switch (or whatever) is just pure heaven although admittedly it comes at a cost. Maybe I'm just getting old though  :001:
Tried the Ducati Multi and its so easy! Electronics is the way to go if you carry a pillion/ luggage from time to time

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by nerolab [+]
Tried the Ducati Multi and its so easy! Electronics is the way to go if you carry a pillion/ luggage from time to time

It works well on my BMW R1200RT SE (2010 model), so I'm expecting the Trophy to be similar.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 01:14:45 PM »
Just come off Harleys?

A space hopper would be better LOL!!
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
I thought about the SE but I didn't want a radio and Triumph don't do the TES separately so I opted for the standard model after checking the manual adjustments on the suspension at the NEC bike show. A good move as far as I am concerned.

It is all very simple and is quickly executed with a finger few turns for rebound damping on the forks a screwdriver to adjust the rebound damping on the rear (very accessable) and hand turns on the spring pre-load for the rear (also very accessable) , none of it is knuckle threatening at all.

The added bonus of manual adjustment is that there are infinitely more settings to suit all different conditions/situations. i.e. not everyone rider or passenger is the same weight or carries the same amount of luggage etc.

My first ride out I thought the standard settings were a little hard so I have softened them off towards the comfort settings on my next ride it the improvement was instantly noticeable, for the better.

Not only that for very little effort I am saving ú1,400 which I have spent on all the heated bits, tall screen, Sat Nav mount and the R&G Adventure bars.

Each to their own I suppose.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 05:33:01 PM by Triplemania »

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 04:16:51 AM »
So tell me , your reason for opting for the tall screen vrs the standard ...?
Is there that much difference ?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

tweedy-bunch