HOW TO : Remove the Fairing AND Fit R&G Adventure ( Crash ) Bars by Coconut
[Today at 08:47:14 am]

Best BT headset by fluxxcomp
[Yesterday at 11:53:03 pm]

"best" blutooth comms system? by trophied
[Yesterday at 11:42:24 pm]

Which garmin fit the standard triumph mount? by 1675
[Yesterday at 11:15:15 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sidi boots  (Read 6352 times)

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
Sidi boots
« on: January 31, 2015, 11:54:38 am »
Anyone have Sidi boots? No dealers carry them seems the only way to get them is by ordering them on line and the sizes are different I'm afraid if I bought them they might not fit
Trophy Tom

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Sidi boots
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 12:20:11 pm »
I have some Sidi boots.  They are pretty comfortable, but not as comfortable as my Daytona M-Star GTX's because the Daytona's are leather and the Sidi's are synthetic.  Size wise, I wear a 9B or possibly C most comfortably, and there are only a couple of mfr.'s that make narrower than standard D widths in motorcycle boots.  A size 9 in European sizes is shown to be a 43, and I bought a 42 due to the width, so I would say that they run pretty true to size according to conversion charts.  As boot pricing goes I think the Sidi's are pretty reasonable when compared to others, but the Daytona's are EXPENSIVE.  I bought mine based on the waterproofing comments when I read the webbikeworld.com review, although my Daytonas rate highly as well.  You might look at their website for more info and extensive boot tests with the sizing comments as they relate to US shoe sizes.  I think Triumph has a nice looking line of boots as well, although I don't know who makes them.  Hope this helps.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline gfxmonkey

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TROPHY SE
  • City / Town: Bishop's Stortford
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:37 pm »
I've had a pair of TCX boots for over 7 years now, not once have they ever let me down in the rain! Bit stiff to start with but fit nicely and you can walk in them with comfort with no squeaks!!

Offline azgman

• Trophy Master
  • Addicted to curves
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Casa Grande
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »
I have Sidi boots as does my wife. They have held up well and are waterproof, but I have gone to a 3/4 height First Gear boot as a result of the heat here in AZ.
Serial BMW rider

Offline Mordiglio

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophie SE
  • City / Town: Epsom
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »
I have a pair of SIDI Canyon Gore-Tex Boots and they are the best boots I've ever had
3/4 length, very comfortable for walking as well as riding, leather and gore-tex, and a very good anti-slip under sloe, very stable when putting your food down and holding a heavy bike like the TT even in the wet
And I think they look very cool too  :062:
Have a look at revzilla review below

http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-canyon-gore-tex-boots

Offline Wayneolson

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Chicago
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 07:49:46 pm »
+1 on the Sidi Canyon boots. Went with a 45 and I wear 10.5 D. Had room for my super feet inserts. These boots have great protection but are a little stiff at first.
Wayne Olson

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:31:03 pm »
Tom, 

I a little late to answer your question.  I purchased some SIDIs from "Revzilla".  Watch the videos to get the most information.    I lived in NC, rode in the mountains, and now I live in the heat of New Orleans LA.  The boots breathe in both climates, my feet are dry and more importantly if I go down my feet, ankles and shins are protected.   BC
Big Country

Offline Trixies dad

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Didcot
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 12:41:06 pm »
*Originally Posted by Mordiglio [+]
I have a pair of SIDI Canyon Gore-Tex Boots and they are the best boots I've ever had
3/4 length, very comfortable for walking as well as riding, leather and gore-tex, and a very good anti-slip under sloe, very stable when putting your food down and holding a heavy bike like the TT even in the wet
And I think they look very cool too  :062:
Have a look at revzilla review below

http://www.revzilla.com/product/sidi-canyon-gore-tex-boots

:028: yep.. Plus one on these, best boots I've ever owned.. Good pair of insoles and you can wear them all day..

tweedy-bunch