Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Motorbike  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Datum 28

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
New Motorbike
« on: February 01, 2015, 02:14:58 am »
after some deliberation... I went ahead and got one. Wanted the silver one in stock, but went for the highest VIN they had in stock on the 2014.... which was a blue one. ECM recall and the radio flash update have been done. Paid for it last week, but couldn't pick it up till today.

This makes the 3rd blue triumph I have owned...  the 2000 tiger 885 was "Eclipse Blue" and the 2006 955 tiger was "Caspian Blue".... this color reminds me more of the "eclipse blue"... that was a pretty color. Wish this bike came in a white/titanium color combo...  :002:

Anyway - chatted with folks at the dealer, so only rode it about 3 hours. 90 miles or so. Nice in the colder weather to keep the wind off of you... the other toy there in the pic really doesn't help in the winter with wind protection. I need to swap out the oil and filter, then finish my version of "breaking in the motor".... Might get out tomorrow on it, have not decided yet... (have a few more things to sell locally, and some ebay auctions to pack up.... trying to raise some $$$ after dropping some on this toy).

Fun bike - I love the 1200 series of triple motor!

sorry for the crappy pics... my 3+ year old iphone isn't that wonderful, and I'm too lazy to get out the fancy camera.

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: New Motorbike
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 02:59:01 am »
Nothing wrong with the pics.  If they are a little blurry it is after all the faster color, even sitting still. :745:  So what's next on the accessories side and how was it equipped?  You might wander over to the new members topic if you haven't already, so everyone can  :400: you.  Enjoy the ride, it's a nice one.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Datum 28

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 03:53:57 am »
whatever came on it at the dealer is there ;) have a touratech seat on order, heated grips are shipping at some point. I got $600 worth of vouchers, so that mostly paid for a top box. After that, dunno. Maybe the R&G bars.... I have a couple of sets of vision-x LED lights I would like to install at least one set - just need to figure out the mounting for them. Have a spare set of ASV levers that will fit, I will most likely put those on... makes a world of difference in town for the clutch side (much more adjustable than the stock lever... and has a little more modulation... same on the brake side).

Most of my "accessories" are things I already have... tank bags, bungees, cargo nets, and so on.

Also noticed that cole brothers has the V82 reflexite reflective tapes in blue (used to only have the DOT ones with the white lines... this stuff is solid and much more reflective)! I may order a small roll of 2" and see how it matches the color.... I already have the motorcycle chevrons for the back.... but may make my own (I have a lot of the tape)...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:20:30 am by walker »

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 06:16:28 am »
Beautiful looking motorcycle.  Congratulations on the new bike :028:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 07:07:29 am »
Glad to see that you pulled the trigger on the Trophy!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

:821:
STONEY

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 09:09:46 am »
Hi Walker and Congtatulations on your new Pride & Joy !

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 10:21:04 am »
Hi Walker.... congratulations and welcome! :400:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 12:39:49 pm »
 :400: looking good  :152: It will look even better when all those stickers are removed from the tank Triumph ones come off fairly easily but Japanese bikes seem to take a lot of scraping and a hairdryer.