Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: TSBs Technical Service Bulletins  (Read 6324 times)

Offline Original Scourge

• Trophy Member
  • My first and middle name is Bruce Wayne. Yep!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Cincinnati
TSBs Technical Service Bulletins
« on: February 01, 2015, 04:22:04 am »
Guys, I consider myself fairly internet savvy, but I cannot for the life of me find a list of T.S.B.s (not recalls).  Does anybody have a working link to Triumph factory Technical Service Bulletins and, hopefully, explanations as to what they entail?  Again, I'm NOT looking for safety recalls, only TSBs.  Thanks to anybody responding.   :183: 
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
2004 Harley-Davidson Low Rider
Past Bikes  -  1980 Honda Cb750c & a 1970 BSA Lightning.      I'm a lucky man!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: TSBs Technical Service Bulletins
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 06:24:19 am »
I think that only the dealers have a direct link to the Triumph Company TSB pages.  However DonTom started a thread title "all the TSB and recalls" (or something similar) which you can easily find using the search tool. I think you will find it helpful.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Original Scourge

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 06:39:17 am »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
I think that only the dealers have a direct link to the Triumph Company TSB pages.  However DonTom started a thread title "all the TSB and recalls" (or something similar) which you can easily find using the search tool. I think you will find it helpful.
Thanks, w8d4it.  I scoured DonTom's thread, but couldn't find the type of information I was looking for.  If only the dealers have access to that info, well, that explains why I couldn't find it.  I wonder why they would conceal TSBs from the public?  Oh well...   :084:
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:07:36 am »
*Originally Posted by Original Scourge [+]
  I scoured DonTom's thread, but couldn't find the type of information I was looking for.  If only the dealers have access to that info, well, that explains why I couldn't find it.  I wonder why they would conceal TSBs from the public?  Oh well...   :084:
AFAIK, you cannot get an entire list of any vehicle's TSB's. That stuff they don't like to brag about, but with safety issues (recalls) they have no choice.

But here is what the Triumph Dealers use. But it does us no good.

But are you looking for anything in particular?   I assume you already read the first post here.

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline Original Scourge

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 09:24:28 pm »
*Originally Posted by DonTom [+]
AFAIK, you cannot get an entire list of any vehicle's TSB's. That stuff they don't like to brag about, but with safety issues (recalls) they have no choice.

But here is what the Triumph Dealers use. But it does us no good.

But are you looking for anything in particular?   I assume you already read the first post here.

-Don-  Reno, NV
Thanks for the reply, Don.  I'm really not looking for anything in particular.  I am just naturally curious and very mechanically minded.  If there's anything about any of my bikes that might need attention, I like to address it.  For example,I thought I saw that someone had uncovered some TSB about the clutch lever.  That makes me want to check it myself to decide whether I think it may need some attention.  The truth is that I tend to be a little obsessive about my motorcycles.  It usually keeps me ahead of problems that might keep me in the garage instead of on the street.  I like to wrench, but I like to wrench on my terms!  Thanks again.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 09:34:22 pm »
Being cynical I think that Triumph, indeed all manufacturers, don't publicize any but the most serious issues.  I'm sure it is a cost saving measure with the rationale being that if the issue doesn't rise to the level where the customer feels compelled to bring it to the dealer's attention then the manufacturer saves money.  Also I'm sure that the rationale includes the thought that the issue isn't widespread enough to bring it to the attention of those who might not be affected.  The manufacturer doesn't want the dealer inundated with customers who haven't experienced the problem but yet want the repair completed anyway "just in case" or "just because".  It's a whole different issue from the safety recall where even if the problem hasn't happened or may not even be "likely" to happen that if is does happen the results can be life threatening. 
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »
*Originally Posted by Original Scourge [+]
If there's anything about any of my bikes that might need attention,
IMO, if there is, you will probably get better info in this forum than their entire list of TSB's.

I wonder if they have a TSB on wires shorting to the heated grips (dealer installed) and the wire to the starter relay breaking. And if a TSB mentions that the colors are reversed from the points of orgin to the start switch in the service manuals in all of the several areas shown.

Those are my recent problems with my TTSE.

I doubt if there is a TSB on anything that has not been already mentioned somwhere in this forum.

-Don-  Cold Springs Valley, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 04:19:29 am »
:of course the obvious answer we are all overlooking is simply to establish a great rapport with your dealer and to periodically ask if there are any new TSBs on the Trophy. 
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST