Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy or RT  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
Trophy or RT
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:20:32 PM »
Hi chaps

Just joined your site, I was going to later in the year buy a slightly used 1200RT but then saw the new Trophy and was mighty impressed I really like the idea its british, its got good spec but its a bit bloomin heavy. I also wonder what the reliability would be like I imagine it would be a time before that will be found out.

Happy riding

Roger

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Trophy or RT
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 08:56:47 PM »
Hi Roger,

I have ridden both (admittedly only a test ride on the RT) but I can assure you the Trophy is a superb bike and in my opinion beats the RT hands down.

As regards reliability, some of my frends who own 1200 BM's (RT's and GS's) are not too impressed by the reliability of the BMW's, or the expense of getting stuff fixed.

As for the weight issue, the Trophy has superb light handling and really hides its bulk well. The only time it really becomes a factor is making sure you keep it in balance when at/coming to a stop. If it starts going you won't be able to stop it, but that could be said of the RT as well.

Ride the Trophy and make your own mind up.

Cherrs  :821:

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:25:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by BluePilot [+]
Hi Roger,

I have ridden both (admittedly only a test ride on the RT) but I can assure you the Trophy is a superb bike and in my opinion beats the RT hands down.

As regards reliability, some of my frends who own 1200 BM's (RT's and GS's) are not too impressed by the reliability of the BMW's, or the expense of getting stuff fixed.

As for the weight issue, the Trophy has superb light handling and really hides its bulk well. The only time it really becomes a factor is making sure you keep it in balance when at/coming to a stop. If it starts going you won't be able to stop it, but that could be said of the RT as well.

Ride the Trophy and make your own mind up.

Cherrs  :821:

BP

I agree with BP?
Beemer good bike  :028: Trophy in a league of its own  :821:
Ride them back to back them make up your mind.

Chaos

Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:29:15 AM »
In my humble opinion there is no contest the Trophy is out front and will stay there as long as the RT has it's 'trademark' boxer lump from the last century. :151:

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
Better get one then, thanks

Roger

Offline alapues

• Trophy Member
  • Si hay que ir, se va!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Launch ed.
  • City / Town: Zaragoza
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:16:35 PM »
I've ride at least 1.000 km with an RT (the best Touring for many years) and I agree the Trophy is clearly superior, It's a bike of the next generation. To make a more reasonable equivalence is necessary  to  wait for the new RT in the next months. Anyway I'm pretty sure it will cost at least 3.000 € or more at the same level of equipment, and most of all: the RT is a GREAT Bike, but it is NOT a Triumph! :017:
V'sssssss

Offline tl47715

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW 1200RT
  • City / Town: Evanville, IN
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 02:51:42 AM »
I say the RT is a clearly superior bike.  That's why mine is for sale so I can buy a Trophy!  Ha Ha.  Seriously, anyone in the states want a 2010 RT it's 13,900 with farkles included!

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 08:55:43 AM »
 :745: Had me going there for a second!

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

tweedy-bunch