Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy or RT  (Read 3678 times)

Offline venomyellow

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Rocket 14 K1600
  • City / Town: Stratford Upon Avon
Re: Trophy or RT
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 08:50:40 PM »
Yes the RT's a fantastic bike

Roger, if you change your mind about the Trophy, I've a superb example, 58 plate SE, under 20,000 miles, yours for £8000 - in the meantime my lunar silver Trophy will be with me in ten days, all ready for touring in the summer.

Offline Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sym GTS 300i Evo
  • City / Town: Rotherham
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »
Hi Roger,
Yes I was a bit concerned about the weight, but I got some really helpful replies to my recent newbie post, have a read of them and it may allay your concerns, it help me no end, I can't wait to test ride the Trophy.
Have fun and take care.
 :821:

Offline Bluebird

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: St Clears
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 04:46:31 PM »
I have owned 2 RT's in the past, but I have just ordered a Trophy. The weight is not an issue once you are riding and the bike handles extremely well, and as you said you will be backing Britain if you buy one :152:

Offline just in wales

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy 1200
  • City / Town: pen-y-ffordd
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 05:48:07 PM »
have also had an rt 1200 did have a few bits go wrong.i did about 30,000 on it over 5 years .and like most of you like the trophy better  :152: however i also say you have to do a few miles before you can tell how good a bike is going to be so lets see in afew months :017:

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 08:32:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by just in wales [+]
have also had an rt 1200 did have a few bits go wrong.i did about 30,000 on it over 5 years .and like most of you like the trophy better  :152: however i also say you have to do a few miles before you can tell how good a bike is going to be so lets see in afew months :017:

I think you mean how 'reliable the bike is going to be' compared to 'how good the bike is going to be' as there is no comparison or doubt of how good the Trophy is to ride compared to the RT.

tweedy-bunch