Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Audio system setup  (Read 15845 times)

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Audio system setup
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:24:20 PM »
 :148:

Okay, I have got nowhere with this so I am throwing it open to the forum.

My Garmin Nuvo 660, mounted on the Triumph mount and supposedly wired in to the audio system refuses point blank to play sound through the bike audio system, either by wired or bluetooth interface.

Without a bluetooth connection the sound plays through the Garmin's speaker and with a bluetooth connection I cannot get any sound at all. I have tried enabling Nav Audio and Bluetooth audio in various combinations but when Nav is the selected source nothing plays and bluetooth cannot find a device.

As far as I am aware the sound should come via a 3.5mm socket on the mounting harness, via a Triumph adaptor and into the audio system. This was all supposedly fitted by the dealer before collection.

Next, the bike also refuses to pair with the bluetooth module in my intercom system (Intaride Evo 2) as headset 1. It will pair with it as Device 2 but still refuses to play audio through it. The Garmin is quite happy to pair with the intercom as a bluetooth headset and play nav instructions and media through it.

The Trophy audio manual is almost useless for figuring out what settings need to be selected for what set-ups. It tells you things like how to select Nav Audio on but does not tell you what that actually does!

Any ideas? Anybody actually got the satnav working fully or paired a bluetooth intercom as opposed to a simple headset?

:157:

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
Re: Audio system setup
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:42 PM »
Well that is your first problem. Nuvo won't work. I hope you mean Zumo.

Mine worked fine after I connected every thing my self. I just  in the audio out from the Zumo into the Trophy 3.5mm connection and wired it into there wiring adapter. Turned on the radio and went for a spin and satnav muted the radio and then gave me directions. Did nothing else. I would check and make sure they actually connected for a start.

The connection is right behind the left side panel in front of the signal. remove the signal then there is a bolt to remove the and the panel will slide forward. The connection id in the lower part of the panel opening. I also routed the power wires up to behind the left mirror so if the fuse blows it is easy to get at.

Can't comment on pairing as haven't done that yet.

I agree the manual is useless in helping you set some things up. 

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 06:38:14 AM »
Thanks clarge,

Yes, it is the Zumo, my wife has a Nuvo in her car.

If I am honest I believe that the dealer did not connect the system properly. I had a feeling it should "just work" when the Garmin was plugged into the harness. It seems to do just that when mouted on my ST1300. My question is, how does the Garmin know to route the audio to the headphone socket rather than it's own speaker?  Does it do this whenever it is placed in the cradle? If so, it should route the audio to the 3.5mm output even if that is not connected to anything. The fact that this does not happen makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the cradle/wiring harness.

BP

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 05:07:03 PM »
I use my Zumo on the bike and in the car. On the bike it doesn't use it's speaker, It always uses the 3.5 jack. On my last 2 bikes with different audio systems, I just plug the 3.5 in to the audio and it worked thru the audio. Now if you use it in the car cradle it will use it's own speaker. It will prompt you each time you change mounts.

On that note make sure you have motorcycle selected as usage mode. You should see a motorcycle icon in the top centre blue line of the Zumo.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 05:53:12 PM »
Thanks clarge,

Yes, it is in motorcycle mode- it's never in anything else. My car has satnav built in and my wife has a pink Nuvo (!)

Although the Garmin is getting its power from the cradle I am wondering if the satnav is actually recognising that it is in the cradle. It seems to work fine on my ST1300 (I fitted the cradle) although it seems to route the media player to the speaker unless a bluetooth headset is paired.

Unfortunately my Trumph dealer's chief service bod is not in till Tuesday. I may contact Garmin and/or Triumph on Monday. I am reluctant to start ripping the bodywork apart myself just yet!

BP
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:57:22 PM by BluePilot »

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:21:18 PM »
The mount should not have any power until you turn on the bike. So when you install the Zumo into the mount it should stay off. Turn the bike on and the Zumo should turn on. That way you do know it is wired and hot. When turn off the bike the Zumo should ask if you want it to shut down or stay on.
If you are still getting sound thru it's speaker, then I figure the audio has not been hooked up. Took a bit to find the 3.5 plug as it had a blank in it the keep curd out.

Other wise it should be plug and play.I'm hoping the nav function in the audio system is so you can just have nav on and nothing else. May try that this afternoon.

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 06:33:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by BluePilot [+]
:148:

Okay, I have got nowhere with this so I am throwing it open to the forum.

My Garmin Nuvo 660, mounted on the Triumph mount and supposedly wired in to the audio system refuses point blank to play sound through the bike audio system, either by wired or bluetooth interface.

Without a bluetooth connection the sound plays through the Garmin's speaker and with a bluetooth connection I cannot get any sound at all. I have tried enabling Nav Audio and Bluetooth audio in various combinations but when Nav is the selected source nothing plays and bluetooth cannot find a device.

As far as I am aware the sound should come via a 3.5mm socket on the mounting harness, via a Triumph adaptor and into the audio system. This was all supposedly fitted by the dealer before collection.

Next, the bike also refuses to pair with the bluetooth module in my intercom system (Intaride Evo 2) as headset 1. It will pair with it as Device 2 but still refuses to play audio through it. The Garmin is quite happy to pair with the intercom as a bluetooth headset and play nav instructions and media through it.

The Trophy audio manual is almost useless for figuring out what settings need to be selected for what set-ups. It tells you things like how to select Nav Audio on but does not tell you what that actually does!

Any ideas? Anybody actually got the satnav working fully or paired a bluetooth intercom as opposed to a simple headset?

:157:

BP

problena have it, I'm sure the radio is failure that brings the bike, in my case at the dealership are investigating.

another is failure of the volume apartir halfway no longer increases but the audio

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 04:08:52 PM »
I fitted the Zumo 660 myself and it is not easy, my guess is they have just hardwired it to the battery and not connected the 3.5mm audio jack at all. Mine just worked. If it turns on without the key in then it hasn't been fitted correctly.
Might as well as wish we had.