Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: GPS  (Read 10814 times)

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
GPS
« on: February 07, 2015, 10:48:48 am »
Not a big deal but wish the Trophy came with built in GPS like the Honda Goldwing. It sure has everything else
Trophy Tom

Offline towersk

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch
  • City / Town: Granger IN
Re: GPS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 11:31:40 am »
There is a wiring connector for GPS power and sound and Triumph offers a GPS mount that attaches above the dash around the satellite antenna.  The big advantage is that you choose your own GPS, can do your own updates or take it inside and create your own routes and way points on your PC.

I have a BMW friend that has had problems with the factory GPS - very expensive to replace and has to visit the dealer for updates.

The mount is designed for Garmin but a few folks have modified it for other brands.  Check out the Audio, Sat Nav, and Intercom board.
Cheers,
Ken

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 12:37:51 pm »
Yeah.... Fitting an aftermarket one gives you great flexibility.

I think that Triumph have done the right thing with a dedicated mount and a good clean power supply controlled by the ignition plus audio in to the bike audio system.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 01:00:54 pm »
I wasn't aware of that, thanks for that info  :152:
Trophy Tom

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 01:07:01 pm »
Not a problem.... the power supply and audio in are not exactly the easiest to get to, they are tucked down on the left hand side behind the tupperware. If you are lucky you can get hold of them just taking off the left hand mirror pod cover, if your hands are small. They could certainly have made the access to them easier. Also, what most of us have done is when we connected the power we have routed the cable with the inline fuse into the back of the left hand mirror so that you can easily get at it if needed by flipping the mirror forwards.

There are quite a number of threads about fitting the GPS, search in Audio, Sat Nav & Intercom section and of course Coconuts bible on removing the fairing is an excellent start for SO many DIY tasks!

Offline RaistlinRTCW

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 08:42:52 am »
Have read some reviews where people have had issues reading the GPS on the standard mount point. I have a RAM mount ball from Telferizer who has taken a stanard head stock bolt and put a ram mount ball on it for my TomTom Rider

http://www.telferizer.com/

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 10:58:29 am »
Not heard anyone complain of that. The Triumph mount being higher means you have to dip your eyes less distance and because it is slightly further away than the headstock less of a refocusing issue. Both mean your eye is off the road for a shorter period of time which as we all know is good news!

Offline RaistlinRTCW

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2014
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:43 am »
Hi like I said just a few reviews and as I had a TomTom Rider already was looking for a fitment for that that didn't mean mounting it to the handlebar in some way. The ram mount arm that fits on the ball is long enough to put it in line with lower part of the clocks so not that much of a dip. My dealer didn't think the TomTom Rider would fit to the official item. So I used Telferizer who I had used on my ZZR1400 and though he didn't like a 2014 Trophy he was able to make me one in a couple of days and send it through.