Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: chrisb1  (Read 2445 times)

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
chrisb1
« on: April 07, 2013, 12:57:23 AM »
not a genuine member yet as it hasn' t come....i am switching to a trophy as a couple of weeks ago some kindly gentlemen wheeled my st a hundred yards down the road before they realised is was fitted with an immobiliser and hence torched it. took the trophy out for a spin today in the cairngorms.....given it was less than 6c most of the day the grips and seat came in handy.  I have never thought of buying a tourer before but having got back to shirlaws in aberdeen i had to place an order after a fun day. Looking for some advise on set up ( already own a zumo660 and wondering what the best option is for connecting it). Anyway impressed!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:02:38 AM by chrisb1 »

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: chrisb1
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:28:06 AM »
Hi Chrisb1 and  :400:

Sorry to hear about your last bike. I hope the b@stard that did it gets what is coming to him sooner or later.

Triumph specifically support the Zumo 660. They do a bracket that mounts on the top of the dash below the screen but that is all it is- you have to supply the mount/wiring harness (available for about £45). Triumph then use an adaptor to connect the audio out to the bike audio system. That's the theory anyway- not been having much success with mine.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »
Hi, It just gets better................ :400:

Offline Dave

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sym GTS 300i Evo
  • City / Town: Rotherham
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 08:24:58 PM »
Hi Chrisb1
I have had the zumo 660 for about 4 years and I have changed it from bike to bike,
I find that from my point of view it is better to just connect it to a live that works only when the ignition is switch on, as My wife and I have intercom helmets system and when I had it on bluetooth it tended to run the batteries down very quick so I don't have through the bluetooth intercom now, and that way it doesn't interrupted any conversation we may be having, I can still hear it when the volume is set to 90.
I haven't got the Trophy yet but I have been thinking wether or not to have it through the radio, but after 4 years with the Zumo I have found that I prefer to glance at it more that listen, as I say I can still hear it OK, I find I make less mistakes that way, and also I think it could get a bit of a nuisance keep interrupting what I am listening to, if it was the news or something like that.
Hope this has been of some help to you.
Have fun on that brilliant machine. Can't wait for my test ride.
 :821:
Take care.

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 08:28:12 PM »
If you have the Zumo connected to the bikes audio system you can mute the GPS commentary by turning the radio off on the TT.
Might as well as wish we had.

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »
guys thanks for the comments....i have taken the easy option and bought a new cable and agreed with shirlaws that they will fit it for me when they fit the grips etc. My main zumo use isn't for navigation.....its music with occasional navigation!
anyway i should be mobile tail end of next week or beginning of the week after (which is great as i am on holiday so will go for my first west coast trip of the year).

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
real member as of tomorrow  :821: picking it up around 10am  :156:, first service booked on 29 th april

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 11:03:19 PM »
great day....only thing i haven't managed is getting the scalarider intercom working with both headsets paired to the bike, have others managed this and i need to try harder or is it problematic? I thought this bike was good on the test ride, now i am convinced it handles better than my old sprint :001: