Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Mud flat mod  (Read 1352 times)

Ndo

Mud flat mod
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:10:46 AM »
Ok, so the mudflap I installed was turning inward and getting caught on the rear tire.

I took a piece of soft metal from a fake license plate and screwed to the back of the flap. Now it is more sturdy and I was even able to bend it a little at the edges just so that it is not flat.

here are pics of the back of the mud flap and its new shape installed.

While I am here, I put some screws, nuts, and rubber/metal washers to install the front fender extender.
the funky plastic rivet-like fasterner (or whatever the hell they are) seemed too junky to me.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
Re: Mud flat mod
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 07:57:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ndo [+]
Ok, so the mudflap I installed was turning inward and getting caught on the rear tire.

I took a piece of soft metal from a fake license plate and screwed to the back of the flap. Now it is more sturdy and I was even able to bend it a little at the edges just so that it is not flat.

here are pics of the back of the mud flap and its new shape installed.

While I am here, I put some screws, nuts, and rubber/metal washers to install the front fender extender.
the funky plastic rivet-like fasterner (or whatever the hell they are) seemed too junky to me.

Its called trial and error my old friend.
Keep going you'll get there in the end  :821:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Bythebay

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Collingwood
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »
Hey Ndo why would you not have glued the front extenda to the fender ?
Live long , ride hard and prosper ...!

Ndo

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »
Good question BTbay,

I glued the one I used for my C14 because those were the instructions...but I also bolted it.

This one, if you order one from Trump, comes with some very funky 'press-plastic-rivets'. First of all, I could not figure out how to press the rivets together. I suspect you need some kind of rivet pressing tool...and even if I could, I did not trust that would be the appropriate strength to hold the extender on...bolt on! and done.

tweedy-bunch