Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Member & Back to two Wheels  (Read 4467 times)

Offline 1BlinkGone

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: West Coast
New Member & Back to two Wheels
« on: February 13, 2015, 08:14:04 pm »
Greetings, peeps!!

Hoping this forum will flourish, as will the Triumph Trophy SE itself.

History- haven't been on a cycle since 1987. My one and only prior bike was an '84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (the black & blue one).  I've been carefully shopping for a couple of bikes- one of them being a sport-touring bike for rides with the missus and I, and the Trophy ticks all the boxes and then some. Triumph has an awful lot of Bimmer snobbery to get through before people can be objective and see what an amazing cycle the Trophy is (apt named, IMHO). 

Though I AM very tempted at the new BMW K1600GT (what an amazing engine); the Triumph Triple mill has it's own thing that is beautiful, and the Trophy's lighter weight, gas mileage, and overall features and packaging are uber...UBER cool...and equally compelling.  I've loved the Triumph marque since I was in second grade and a neighbor across the street fresh out of Vietnam bought a new Triumph Bonneville (this was 1967 or 68) and that has stuck with me; not to mention the many problems BMW has had lately.

Looking fwd to a fun and informative stay here. I haven't scored my bike yet, but I'll advise when it's safely home.  I was looking carefully at the black one (which seems to be more rare) but somehow find myself leaning towards that beautiful blue.  I fully intend to have the dealer remove the OEM Pirellis and slap  (or "fit" as you British friends so beautifully say) some Michelins on it before I even take it home...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:38:47 pm by 1BlinkGone »

Offline Silslendir

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sprint GT
  • City / Town: Camberley
Re: New Member & Back to two Wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 09:10:43 pm »
 :400: welcome to the forum. Mine is Black - it's the faster colour but everyone knows that!
Triumph Trophy 2014-
Triumph Sprint GT - 2012-14
Kawasaki Z750Z - 2012 (3 months)
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F - 2011 (6 months)
Honda CB900 (then added fairing) - 1993ish

Offline 1BlinkGone

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 09:21:37 pm »
TY and yes indeed Black IS the faster color!  lolololol

Interestingly enough perhaps...as much as I'm liking that beautiful blue, the black variant still pulls me. Knowing there are not nearly as many of those out there is particularly alluring for me...one of my personality traits for better or worse...  ya know maybe black with some nice gold logos on the tank and some other tasteful gold accents here and there (stripes or whatever) for a tad of contrast and...well. we'll see.

Question for you- do you ever ride yours without any of the bags installed?  BTW I'm seriously considering the "hugger" by powerbronze, "darla" lights. and maybe even the crash bars... I only desire a few mods that are clean and functional.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:24:08 pm by 1BlinkGone »

Offline Silslendir

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sprint GT
  • City / Town: Camberley
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:25:04 pm »
I leave the top box on but not the panniers unless they're needed. Does that help?
Triumph Trophy 2014-
Triumph Sprint GT - 2012-14
Kawasaki Z750Z - 2012 (3 months)
Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F - 2011 (6 months)
Honda CB900 (then added fairing) - 1993ish

Offline 1BlinkGone

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 09:31:55 pm »
Sure it does. thanks!

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 12:17:27 am »
Welcome aboard 1BlinkGone  :821:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline cecilt

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 06:52:35 am »
Welcome to the forum - lot of good advice here. It's a big jump from your previous bike, so take good care and enjoy the power and comfort. And frankly I prefer your "slapping" a tyre (tire?) on - it sounds much more durable and efficient!
cecilt

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 07:26:15 am »
Welcome to the forum :400:
Seadog
seadog