Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: bike lift  (Read 10047 times)

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
bike lift
« on: February 14, 2015, 08:35:28 am »
Hi All

I am considering getting a bike lift. Mainly for general maintenance, wheel removal, cleaning and comfort for me not crawling around on the garage floor.

I have been looking at the UK based company "Eazyrizer" doesn't take up much room and keeps the wheels free for easy removal.
I am going to call them to see if they will let me take my bike to their workshop and try it out.

Will keep you informed.
In the meantime has anyone else either already got a bike lift for the Trophy or considering one like myself and what make.

The table lifts take up a lot of space and are more professional and cost.

seadog
seadog

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
Re: bike lift
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 09:10:25 am »
I have a table lift which I use on a regular basis.  It does take up quite a bit of room but does the job perfectly well.   I found the integral ramp was very steep and it was almost impossible for me to push the bike up on to the table.   I actually have to "driver" it up while walking along beside the bike.   This feels very insecure and I still don't feel totally comfortable doing it.  I have built an auxiliary ramp that is longer and less steep which improves the push up but it is still an effort.   I also had to drill in some additional lashing points in the bed to the table for the use with ratchet straps.     

For all it's draw backs I would not be without it.  Even my mates come round to use it on occasions. 

Freeway Phil  :028:

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:45:18 am »
A friend gave me a hydraulic motorbike lift that is like a small table I think to go under the bottom frame rails but I cannot think of a way of using on the trophy with not being able to get to a flat underside of the bike to lift on.

I have always wanted a table lift but the garage at the moment is not big enough for all the bikes the car and a lift?  When we move I will have to build a bigger garage.

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 10:51:24 am »
A bike lift would be nice to have, how much does something like that cost?
Trophy Tom

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 11:15:28 am »
About £300 - the Trophy is 633 lbs "wet weight",
so go for one with a lifting capacity of at least 800 lbs !

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 11:23:13 am »
Thanks Coconut, that's not really to bad be nice to have I might just shop around
Trophy Tom

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 11:31:22 am »
Just been looking at on-bike the guys who supply both the original red and big blue versions of these lifters.... they look really good and from the blurb on the site the original red would be quite sufficient as it has a quoted weight capacity of 2000kg!!!

They are only just up the road from me so I have asked as well if I can visit to see which lift and mount system is best suited for the Trophy. Maybe we would be able to organise a group buy as we have managed for some of the other kit in here?? I have dropped them another e-mail to see if they would be prepared to do a group buy discount for say 10 or more. I will let you know what response I get!

Ralph, I will let you know if they say come along as Tamworth is closer for me than you so it might save you the trip down.... other than as an excuse for a ride!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 02:31:01 pm »
Well I have spoken to the guy who makes these lifts and explained I am looking for a lift that will be used on both a Triumph Trophy and a BMW K1300S.

He said the original Red lift would be fine weight wise as it has been tested to 2000 kg but he said he actually thinks the big blue would be best as it would give better clearance on the plastics!

I will be visiting the factory hopefully this week and we are going to have some test runs to find out which lift and mount system works. I will feed back what I find out! :001:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧