Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: the 600 mi. first check up  (Read 1486 times)

Ndo

the 600 mi. first check up
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:21:22 AM »
Going in for it on Friday. I was told that if I changed my own oil for this first schedule maintenance that they would not be able to sign off on the warranty.  :005:  So I guess I am going to let them do it.

And the final gear oil will be changed.

I am having an Admore light bar installed for the rear and a louder horn. Other than that, I am leaving the bike alone...famous last words!

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: the 600 mi. first check up
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 06:43:34 PM »
The issue about the oil seems about right. The 500 mile service is a critical check and fluid change. If you do it or part of it yourself (or tell the dealer that you have done it) how do Triumph know that you have done it properly? In this case why would Triumph honour the warranty?

How and where are the light bar and horn to be fitted? I am looking for something like this

http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=12

(which I have on my ST1300) for auxiliary lights and antennae.

I also intend to upgrade the horn but would like to do it as neatly as possible.

BP

"Let's be careful out there"

Ndo

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 09:25:07 PM »
http://admorelighting.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=61

Blue,

Check this out. They run/brake/signal. I hope it can be installed on my TT. I yanked it off the C14.

I am no longer a believer in topcases because the way they effect maneuverability. For my trunk, I use a Marine backback that straps nicely to the rack.  I had a 52 Givi with lots of lights. It looked like a Christams tree at night, but in the day time you could hardly see them.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:15:23 AM »
Ndo,

Thanks for that but I already have superb sets of PIAA lights which want to mount so I only need a bracket of some sort for the rear similar to the ST1300 one which bolts under the top box rack. It looks like I will have to drill the underneath of the mirror housings for the fronts!  :005:

How/where do you intend to fix the admore bar? So far I haven't found a suitable mount point. The seat release lock is in a really inconvenient place!

I will be building my own light controller to allow the fronts to be used independently or come on when high beam is selected.

BP
"Let's be careful out there"