Hi from a Newbie here in the South of England by HACKLE
[Today at 01:55:01 am]

A saturday afternoon ride through the country by iowabikerider
[Today at 01:40:24 am]

My big day by speighty58
[Yesterday at 10:05:41 pm]

Signal Dynamics Backoff Headlight by Rick505
[Yesterday at 04:30:11 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New boots  (Read 6475 times)

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
New boots
« on: February 15, 2015, 12:06:22 am »
Found out the hard way that spraying to waterproof boots doesn't really work to good. Got caught in a lot of rain driving from Michigan to Colorado and got really wet feet so I went out and got me a new pair of Alpine Star waterproof boots hopefully these actually keep me dry time will tell
Trophy Tom

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: New boots
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:17 am »
Webbikeworld.com has some excellent test reports on boots and other clothing meant for use in cold/inclement weather.  Go on the site and see how the model boot you bought ranks, probably pretty well considering the brand.  I've never been disappointed by any product tested on their site, and they aren't paid by anyone to test the products.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 11:16:22 am »
Thanks, think I will check it out.  :062:
Trophy Tom

Offline 1150newguy

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 02:38:06 pm »
I have had my Corbin boots for many years, as matter of fact they have been resoled once and are ready for another. These things are comfy on or off the bike and have worn like iron. They were made before anyone even knew what a waterproof boot was and when I get caught in the rain my feet stay dry as can be. My secret; good old been around forever Kiwi boot polish. I sit down with this stuff and spend about half an hour applying and buffing also use an old toothbrush to apply around the seams. I do the same with my wife's leather boots. Not only do our boots look good, but when everything else is wet our socks are dry.  :028:

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 05:18:48 pm »
I got the Sidi Touring Leather boots.  I initial purchased them whilst living in North Carolina, which has pretty warm summers and cold winters (in the mountains) and they've been great.    I never go cheap on Helmets, foot wear, and gloves.  Sidi's are on the expensive side but they're awesome.   Get a review on Revzilla.com.
Big Country

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 05:34:03 pm »
Just got a pair of Sidi Canyon Gore-Tex boots.  Have yet to test their waterproofness but they are surprisingly light and very comfortable.  As Bigcountry said, Sidi boots aren't cheap but are still worth the price.
Twisted Trophies Charter Member

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 05:07:01 am »
 Not to sound too much like a diehard Triiumph fan but I have been riding with my Triumph branded boots for nearly 10 years. They haven't let me down yet. They have never leaked, are very warm even in upstate New York March weather  and are very comfortable.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 03:40:03 pm »
I don't think anyone could go wrong with the Triumph gear.  I have looked at it a lot while waiting for the bike to get serviced and it all looks very well made.  Unfortunately I already have everything I need at the moment so I have only bought a pair of the winter gloves, which were recommended at the service dept. during a rather cold winter visit.  They are everything they were claimed to be, warm and dry, and a little less bulky than most winter gloves.  Their boots look awfully good as well.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

tweedy-bunch