Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Trophy owner in AZ  (Read 4276 times)

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 triumph trophy
New Trophy owner in AZ
« on: February 15, 2015, 08:19:33 am »
 Hi everyone

Just want to introduce myself as the proud new owner of a 2014 Pacific Blue Triumph Trophy SE as of 2-13-15(my beautiful wife is calling it her Valentine's Day gift to me, but that's a stretch  :001:) I traded in a 2008 Concours with 70,000 trouble free miles(IBA rides, trip to Alaska...) that I thought was my bike for life. That was until I finally found a dealer that would allow me a test ride on the TTSE. AWESOME motorcycle-ridden lots of bikes in my 45 years of riding and nothing comes close when all the variables are considered, i.e. comfort, performance, features, value and above all HANDLING. Bike feels 100-150 lbs lighter once it's rolling and seems to read my mind in the corners. Took a loaner bike for a ride day of purchase(1600GTL) and felt like I was captain of a yacht. Vastly overrated but to each his own.

The only thing I miss from the Concours is the top end rush, and the loss of about 3 ltrs of storage from each pannier(easy losses to live with). TTSE just a better bike all around. I find the controls very intuitive(unlike the BMW system) and a good combination of technology and simplicity. Can't wait to take my wife on a day after Valentine's Day ride to find out more things I love about her(the bike). Wife had always preferred the Concours over anything else I tested with her, until now. She suggested I get the TTSE-loves the ride and thought the bike had a huge cool factor(Steve McQueen The Great Escape for those old enough to remember...).

I live in Chandler, AZ so I enjoy some of the best riding in America-looking forward to another trip to Alaska in May (IBA Hyder to Hyder run) with the supremely comfortable TTSE. I hope to pick the brains of all of you for any further insights/tech tips on this amazing bike.

Ride safe and here's that virtual drink to toast my membership in this great club  :821:

Dirk

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: New Trophy owner in AZ
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:19:20 am »
Hi Dirk and welcome to the forum :400:

You have already discovered what a great bike the TTSE is... The forum will help you get the most from it!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:22:41 am »
Hi dlrph and :400: to the Club

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 09:24:59 am »
Welcome aboard  :821: enjoy the Trophy, the best bike I've ever had (riding since 1972)
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 11:05:41 am »
Welcome, great forum, great bike. I always wanted to take a trip to Arozona to visit the Grand Canyon ever been there? I got a new trophy to but it's still winter here and can't ride yet  :023:
Trophy Tom

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 04:32:11 pm »
Hi and welcome to the gang. you will find a very good group on here able to solve most queries. Enjoy the ride. :028:
It wasn't me !!

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 10:43:37 pm »
 :400: to the forum.  When you rode the K1600 you found out exactly why I traded mine for the Trophy.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 10:59:05 pm »
Welcome to the group, Dirk!  You found the right bike and the right forum.  You'll also find a few members in your area as well - I'm sure they'll post up soon!  Ride safe!

:401:
STONEY