2014+ Trophy SE vs Used Honda ST1300 by digital
[Today at 08:03:28 pm]

Heated grips for the rear handles by digital
[Today at 07:56:45 pm]

Hi my name is Les by Coconut
[Today at 07:45:00 pm]

can I fit tire size 180 on rear? by Yaga1973
[Today at 06:54:38 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Remus exaust  (Read 5014 times)

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Remus exaust
« on: February 18, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »
Fitted this today not very happy. Had to remove the centre stand to get the link pipe in without scratching it. The bend on the link pipe is much more acute than the original so touches the centre stand and suspension lower link when trying to feed it in, it is still much closer to the centre stand spring than the original now it is fitted.
Started it up and is is quieter than the original so I thought I would try it with the db killer out first the screw is tack welded so that took some loosening but even with that out there is no way the db killer is shifting tried molegrips and lashings of wd40 no joy. Should have save £100+ and bought a cheaper brand I have never had a problem with Flame,Scorpion or Bearwolf I only bought the Remus because I dont think the metal band hangers look good on this type of bike

Offline Mustangpilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT
  • City / Town: DH
Re: Remus exaust
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 06:59:42 pm »
*Originally Posted by malcolm [+]
Fitted this today not very happy. Had to remove the centre stand to get the link pipe in without scratching it. The bend on the link pipe is much more acute than the original so touches the centre stand and suspension lower link when trying to feed it in, it is still much closer to the centre stand spring than the original now it is fitted.
Started it up and is is quieter than the original so I thought I would try it with the db killer out first the screw is tack welded so that took some loosening but even with that out there is no way the db killer is shifting tried molegrips and lashings of wd40 no joy. Should have save £100+ and bought a cheaper brand I have never had a problem with Flame,Scorpion or Bearwolf I only bought the Remus because I dont think the metal band hangers look good on this type of bike
Malcolm, Sorry but I have no idea what you are complaining about considering the install. My Remus fitted without any of the problems you mentioned. To remove the db killer some force is required but not excessive.
Noise wise, my tip is to cut about an inch of the end of the db killer.
2014 Lunar silverTriumph Trophy
2016 Bonneville T120 Black

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 08:28:57 pm »
Hi Malcolm, I have to express surprise too. My install of my Remus Hexacone went smoothly and certainly didn't require removal of centre stand or anything like that.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline madshep

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Boston, Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 08:33:12 pm »
My remus also fitted without any problems whatsoever ...................... and there seems to be a good amount of clearance.

My DB killer (baffle) was also a pig to get out so I contacted Remus who told me to :--

Remove the end can and insert a broom handle in the front end and then holding the can vertically bang the broom on the ground!

I was more than a bit dubious at this 'basic' advice and was worried about damaging the thing, but I tried it anyway ( I actually used a wooden hammer handle) and didn't have to tap it very hard at all and hey presto ---- out it came really easily!

Sorted!

:-)

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:30:36 pm »
I must just be unlucky and they over bent the link pipe. If I look at the original pipe part of the exhaust the S shaped kink is less pronounced than the Remus one but at least I dont have to take that part off again as the silencer comes off separately.
I will get the mothers in law's broom out tomorrow and see if I can eject the db killer. :173:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:39:52 pm by malcolm »

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 11:55:41 am »
Just get the mother in law to give it a talking to and it'll jump out on it's own  :745:

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 02:39:12 pm »
db killer ejected :233:

Sounds good now, not to loud so I think I will leave it out I dont think it is any louder than the standard Stelvio exhaust. I dont know how the Italians get away with it. I think they must use the same officials to measure dbs as they use for there tax returns.   :164:

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 01:17:23 pm »
Just been out for a ride out side temp 6c when I got back the fan was running. The only time I have heard the fan before was stuck in traffic out side temp 22c. So it looks like the bike runs hotter with the Remus and db killer removed. Definitly goes better though just feels more responsive every were in the rev range I used to change down to overtake at anything below 60mph it used to feel a bit hesitant in 6th. Not any more it feels like it pulls as strong in 6th as it used to feel in 5th :005:

tweedy-bunch