Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Lighting isolation for towing  (Read 1913 times)

Offline snarl

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ledyard, CT
Lighting isolation for towing
« on: February 19, 2015, 02:20:24 pm »
Warranty is up soon and planning on setting up my 13 for towing a small trailer. My question is: does anyone know of an electronic isolation unit using battery power for the trailer lights that will work without affecting the Trophy's CANBUS?
Trailer has a 4 wire setup with LED lights.

For those that might wonder why a trailer is needed, I tent camp off the bike a lot. When the better half comes, I need MORE room. LOTS MORE! And everybody knows you gotta keep momma happy . . .

BTW - Classic Industries Australia appears to now be making a hitch for the Trophy/ Trophy SE. Doesn't show on their website yet, but their eBay page does list part number TT27 for fitting the TTSE.
Oooo, that's cool. I want one! . . . what's it do?

Offline fnhead

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Southside of Capones
Re: Lighting isolation for towing
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 01:38:01 pm »
I believe Bushtec offers a isolation setup that is meant for canbus.
HEAD
2015 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
Re: Lighting isolation for towing
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 06:52:08 pm »
I fitted a relay system to my car (with Can Bus). This small magic box is a set of relays. A + and - goes to the box as power from the battery. Then you wire a feed to the various relays from the indicators brake and lights. This is a very low drain and therefore does not upset the can bus.

This would also work on the TT and you should be able to buy from towing supplier or a well known auction site  :007: and would be a reasonable option price wise. :062:
It wasn't me !!