Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Bluetooth  (Read 14596 times)

Ndo

Bluetooth
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:07:10 AM »
Can anyone recommend a simple gadget for answering the phone and listening to music off your phone?

I don't need any comms with passenger nor groups. I just want something simple

I been googling the topic but mercy! there are so many choices I don't even know  what da hell I am looking at anymore

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Woking
Re: Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
As I understand it the SE should be ble to do this itself "out of the box". You will need to pair a bluetooth headset as "headset 1" and the phone as "device 2". Having said that, I haven't had much success with my bluetooth kit.  :110:

BP
"Let's be careful out there"

Offline davidw3d

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Bradford
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 03:49:29 PM »
Mine works fine with the Sena SMH10 bluetooth headset.
Might as well as wish we had.

Ndo

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:34 PM »
Pardon my ignorance on this, but do you have to pair the Bluetooth with the bike system. Can you just pair a Bluetooth gadget with the cell phone and be able to use receive calls/listen to music

Online Trophy Bike

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: New York
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »
How are you getting the sound into your helmet?  The sena works well.

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »
Ndo,

Yes, you can simply pair a bluetooth headset with a phone to listen to music and make calls, but that rather defeats the point of having a fancy bluetooth-enabled radio/iPod audio system on the bike. The headset/helmet will only pair with one source at a time. Also, you would have no way to make/vet/answer calls on the phone, select tracks or change radio stations.

The whole idea is that you pair your bluetooth devices such as your phone with the bike and use its LCD screen to control sources/volume/calls etc.

BP

Ndo

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 09:52:31 PM »
I am following you BlueP

So then, if I pair the Bluetooth gadget with the bike, do I have to hook/wire the phone to the bike?

I guess I want the option of pairing to the bike Bluetooth capabilities, but then, I don't get how the phone is going to come in this culture of electronic items

Offline BluePilot

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
Ndo,

As I say, the Trophy has 2 bluetooth channels:

1) "Headset 1" - for your main rider bluetooth headset/helmet
2) "Device 2".  - for either a pillion headset, phone or bluetooth-enabled mp3 player or satnav

If you have an iPhone you also have the option of connecting it via the USB socket in the left fairing pocket. I understand that the bike will then play music as if it was an iPod.

Which source you are listening to, volume, tone etc, are then selected by the left handlebar control cluster and on-screen menus.

The audio manual supplied with your bike gives you a general idea how to set things up but is pretty vague on the detail.

BP