Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Winter  (Read 8079 times)

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
Winter
« on: March 01, 2015, 01:17:34 pm »
Well we just came off the coldest February ever recorded and the records go back 130 years, the extended for forecast for March calls for much below temps again. Got a brand new Trophy sitting in the garage and who knows when I might finally be able to get it out for that first ride. This is killing me, quess I just have to be patient and hope there wrong about there forcast for March.   :013:
Trophy Tom

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Winter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 01:31:43 pm »
Well be assured.... if the roads are clear and dry then you can comfortably be out on this bike at temperatures I would never have bothered with before.... I rode 150 miles the other day to Southampton from home because it was sunny and bright but it was -5 deg centigrade on the info panel for much of the trip.. and it was lovely! Toes a little chilly by the time I got there but that was my choice of socks at fault! LOL

That first ride may come sooner than you think!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 05:00:55 pm »
Hopefully the weather will break and you can get out soon.

Ridden everyday so far this winter but just lucky.

Offline AnonymousBiker

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 05:17:48 pm »
Boy can I relate. I got my bike on Feb. 10 and rode home in beautiful 60 degree sunshine. Then came the rains, then came freezing temps, an ice storm, three snow falls, more freezing temps. My driveway is a steep north facing slope that still has about an inch of solid ice topped by snow.

I'm hoping things will change this week and I will finally get to ride this puppy. I really feel sorry for our fellow riders in the northeast. I've had it bad for a few weeks, they have been suffering for months now it seems.
2013 Triumph Trophy

Offline triumphtrophyrider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2000 & 2014 Trophy
  • City / Town: Wisconsin
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 05:21:32 pm »
I know exactly how you feel since I bought my Trophy in November and haven't ridden it yet.  Supposed to get some more snow this week so it will be a while before I'll be riding.

Offline DonTom

• Trophy Master
  • Don & Tom in Gulin, China
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE & 9 others
  • City / Town: Auburn,CA or Reno,NV
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 07:00:35 pm »
*Originally Posted by Trophy Tom [+]
Well we just came off the coldest February ever recorded and the records go back 130 years, the extended for forecast for March calls for much below temps again. Got a brand new Trophy sitting in the garage and who knows when I might finally be able to get it out for that first ride. This is killing me, quess I just have to be patient and hope there wrong about there forcast for March.   :013:
Don't worry, spring is just around the corner. And here is all the proof you need:

-Don-  Reno, NV
1971 Black BMW R75/5/* 1984 Red Yamaha Venture* 2002 Yellow Suzuki DR200SE* 2013 Blue Triumph Trophy SE*2016 Orange/Black Kaw Versy 650 LT*2016 Orange Moto Guzzi Stelvio* 2017 Gold/Black Harley FLTRU RoadGlide Ultra*2017 Zero 6.5DS* 2017 Zero SR13 w/Pwr Tank*2020 Energica SS9

Offline traveler46

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Iowa
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 07:19:35 pm »
I gave the dealer a down payment last September on a 2015. The bike came into the dealer in December but I will not be picking it up for a couple weeks. Since than I had them chrome the wheels, had the R&G bars chromed and the GPS mount put on. Hopefully by mid March there will be some 40 degree weather to ride in. Barry

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 08:18:48 pm »
Looking forward to seeing some pics of the chromed wheels and R&G bars.... Will be interesting to see
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch