Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Contemplation turned to New Owner!  (Read 4298 times)

Offline captsprocket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lake Worth, FL
Contemplation turned to New Owner!
« on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:15 pm »
Well folks, you saw my previous post about me contemplating getting a new Trophy.  Contemplation is over!  I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2014 Trophy SE!   :062:  Believe it or not, I didn't even get a chance to take it for a test ride.  They didn't have the battery or gas in the bike and I had to wait for 2 1/2 hours for them to charge up the battery, which I was surprised to hear is specific to that individual VIN.

We had agreed that, once it was all charged and gassed up, if I took it around the block and didn't like the feel of it, the deal was off.  Well, as the vast majority of you on this forum know, that wasn't an issued.  I got it out on the road and the rest is history!

It is a sweet riding bike.  Totally different feel than my old Harley Ultra.  It will take a little getting used to but I am thrilled with the purchase! 

Question:  Did all of you adhere to the break in schedule or did you just get it out on the road and let 'er rip?  I've heard conflicting comments on how these bikes don't really need to be broken in, just ride it like you stole it!  When I put that kind of money into something, I don't want to risk doing something to it that I will regret later.

Anyway, here is my virtual toast  :821: to all of you who gave me feedback, and to those whose posts I've read on this forum about switching from a HOG to the Triumph.  Enjoy a virtual drink on me and who knows, one of these days we will meet up on a road someplace twisting the twisties!

Cheers!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Contemplation turned to New Owner!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:49:29 pm »
Congratulations captsprocket, and Cheers !

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 03:05:41 pm »
Well done that man and welcome to the forum Enjoy the ride and in terms of break in I kept mine below 5500 rpm for the first 500 then built it up gradually. The worst thing is constant speed or revs. Let it rise and fall.  :152:
It wasn't me !!

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 03:31:27 pm »
Yeah, the test ride gets us every time it's done, but this time it looks like it may have been unnecessary since your mind was pretty well made up.  Good move, and yes I adhered to the Triumph recommended procedure.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 03:40:09 pm »
I think that the company that designed and built the bike and has to support a warranty for two years and unlimited miles probably knows more about the best way to break in the bike than many internet experts.
I broke mine in as detailed on the stickers on the tank.  There is another clue.  Triumph spent money on the stickers and put them where you can't miss it.
Good luck, the TT-SE is a great ride.
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 03:47:51 pm »
 :400: Captsprocket and here's to you  :821:

I was the HOG Chapter Director for Geordie HOG for a few years and rode about 400,000 miles on Harley Ultra Glides, even rode mine back to Milwaukee in 2003.  The TTSE is completely different, yes they are both bikes but the comparison stops there.

There are many things to admire about Glides and if money were not an object I'd definitely still have one but I can only afford two bikes and the TTSE is a brilliant bike for what I use it for (my other bike is a 1951 Harley Davidson Panhead).  I'm currently riding about 20,000 miles per year and the TTSE eats 'em up.

Welcome and just seeing FL in your address reminds me of riding the Florida Keys, here is a link to my webpage:

http://www.davidbadcock.co.uk/old/2006/TwD-2006/index.html

I remember that morning back in 2006 riding early up Route 1 from Key West to Miami; great riding day.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline MooMoo

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '14 Silver Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Jacksonville, FL
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 05:38:03 pm »
 :400: from a fellow Floridian.
I did the break in as recommended but I feel it is a bit on the cautious side.  That 1st 100 miles was torture.  I had to make sure that I did that the 1st weekend.

Chris

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:25 pm »
Congratulations on the new bike.  For what it is worth I advise sticking with the scheduled breakin
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch