Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Still considering purchasing a Trophy SE  (Read 6753 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy, Stratoliner
  • City / Town: Ohio
Still considering purchasing a Trophy SE
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:34 pm »
I am considering acquiring a Trophy SE.

I have read a lot of posts and done several searches on this forum. I am still a little unclear on the Service Bulletin for the Cylinder Head replacement. I understand that it was not a recall and that it is only done when the engine shows signs of trouble related to that problem. What I am still confused about is did this effect only 2013 models? Are 2014 and 2015 models going to have that problem?
Keep it sticky side down.

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
Re: Still considering purchasing a Trophy SE
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 05:43:53 pm »
I have a Jan 2014 model and it is outside the recall numbers.

BTW welcome to the site.

regards

Garry
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 05:47:44 pm »
The head replacement involved serial numbers up to 602960.  As long as you stay above that number you shouldn't have any worries.  Or if for some reason you buy below just make sure the headwork was done.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline silverstripes

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Chudleigh, Devon, UK
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:55:59 pm »
As said the later models are fitted with the revised design. Go on have a test ride  :007: You will be hooked  :062:
It wasn't me !!

Offline Datum 28

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 08:01:02 pm »
ProTIP: when going for a test ride, bring enough cash for a down payment.

Offline LoneWolf

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy, Stratoliner
  • City / Town: Ohio
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 08:46:24 pm »
Thanks for the information. I like what I see from this bike sitting on the showroom floor.

Winter will not let go here. I have been waiting since January for weather on a weekend to permit a test ride. If there is any snow or ice around the dealer will not allow any test rides. Plus I want it nice enough to ride long enough to find out if the bike fits me. I have concerns about to much knee bend and the lack of items except a seat to address that. The seat also seems to have me pushing forward into the front of it. Only riding it will tell me if it will work for me.
Keep it sticky side down.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 09:58:22 pm »
*Originally Posted by LoneWolf [+]
Thanks for the information. I like what I see from this bike sitting on the showroom floor.

Winter will not let go here. I have been waiting since January for weather on a weekend to permit a test ride. If there is any snow or ice around the dealer will not allow any test rides. Plus I want it nice enough to ride long enough to find out if the bike fits me. I have concerns about to much knee bend and the lack of items except a seat to address that. The seat also seems to have me pushing forward into the front of it. Only riding it will tell me if it will work for me.

I'm kind of short so the knee room is OK but I agree that the seat has a way of pushing you forward.  One member, Felix, has been working on a couple of mods to the seat.  One retains the two planes, the other turns the seat into a single plane which should allow a rider to scoot way back (the way I like to ride).  Felix isn't out with the single plane seat yet but take a look at this thread.   
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,3067.msg45094.html#msg45094
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline atrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 13 Trophy SE silver
  • City / Town: SW Ohio
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 10:06:34 pm »
My BMW r1200rt and my Trophy tended to push the rider forward.  An aftermarket seat is the answer. I recently received my Russell daylong seat.  When I told them the stock seat pushes me forward, they knew exactly what I as talking about. It's a common problem.  The new seat has a "pocket" in it that keeps you from sliding forward.
Good luck
2016 Tiger 800XR  Black
2013 Trophy Lunar Silver

Exclusively using recycled electrons since 2004
IBA 24605

tweedy-bunch