Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Shad SH50 top case  (Read 16120 times)

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 triumph trophy
Shad SH50 top case
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:38:12 am »
Just finished installing the Shad SH50 top case on my 2014 TTSE. Was a little confused by the info from Shad that the mounting bracket that comes with the box is universal and all you'll need to mount the box to your bike. Wrong-there is a heavy(very sturdy and well-made) fitting plate that is required to mount to the luggage rack before you attach the "universal"bracket to the luggage rack. Another $85 to Shad will get you the plate(not advertised as needed on the other online retailers). Instructions are a little confusing as they seem to be written with an intuitive knowledge of Spanish translation required.

After all that the unit installed easily and is very nice. Mounting is very rigid and sturdy-no bouncing or movement over bumps. Huge box-not the most aesthetic but well-made and practical(for touring-won't be using it otherwise). For a shade under $400 it beats the overpriced Triumph box for me-much lighter and easy to remove. Just not color coordinated.

Loving the TTSE more and more as I ride it-running out of superlatives. Does everything I ever wanted a motorcycle to do-and does it well.

Has anyone put on the paint protective kit from Triumph(got it free with the $500 rebate incentive)?
Wondering if it's an easy job or better to get a professional to do the job.

Triumph-thanks for making me a Triumph guy!

Ride safe(and preferably fast :007:)

Offline nakerr

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE - RIP
  • City / Town: Ft. Saskatchewan, AB
Re: Shad SH50 top case
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:13:47 am »
My wife installed the paint protective kit for me. Took a couple of hours to install the 19(?) pieces in the kit. Not hard but finicky.
Norm

...Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Bilbo Baggins

Past owner of 2014 Triumph Trophy SE (Pacific Blue) - RIP; - next bike ???

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 01:34:52 pm »
I have a shad top box and just used the universal plate that came with it. Remove the plastic cover at the back of the bike and use existing bolts and holes. All I had to do was enlarge some of the holes in the Shad plate.

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 05:42:10 pm »
Can we have a picture dlrph?

What does the dlrph mean too; better be careful as I did not know what 'fubar' meant 'till I watched Band of Brothers!

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 10:44:40 am »
Dave

Would  be happy to send pic except there seems to be a memory /size limitation.  Every time i try to send a pic i get chastised  :013: Got any ideas how to beat the system?

Nothing cryptic about my name-initials dl  rph=registered Pharmacist  :002:

That's one side of me-the other side and best side is a biker   :001:

Ever since I  bought the Trophy I've felt like Steve McQueen  :018:

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 11:08:36 am »
Hi dlrph,

There are limits on the size of Photographs ( and files ) that can be added as attachements.
( Up to 4 attachments per post, maximum file size 500Kb, combined file size 1000Kb ).

You could look at using an "on-line" Photo Resizer to resize your Photo's down the acceptable sizes.

This is a link to one that appeared at the top of a "Google" search, and is free to use :
Free Online Picture Resizer ( As usual I have no affilliation with them whatsoever ).

It's fairly easy to use, and you can also crop the Photo if needed, rotate it,
and after resizing add a few effects if you like !

Select the photo that you want to resize on your computer by using the "Browse" button, and "upload it,
then use the resize facility - which gives you an estimation of how much to resize the Photo
to get the file size you want, and then save the resized photo back onto your computer.

You can then use the "Attachments and other options" feature of the Forum to add the photo to your post.

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:56:31 am »
Here are the pictures(hopefully) I took of the installation of the Shad SH50 topbox.

Guess I'll have to send them 2-3 at a time :002:

Unit is very easily removed and attached when necessary.

Any questions I'd be happy to try to answer :001:

And thanks so much for the helpful website to resize photos :152:

Offline dlrph

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 03:59:05 am »
And here's one more photo-sorry I'm making you stand on your head or lay on your side to view them-forgot to rotate :191:

tweedy-bunch