Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: 20k mile service  (Read 8148 times)

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
20k mile service
« on: March 07, 2015, 10:52:12 am »
I would like to find out the UK dealer that has had the most experience with the Trophy. Would it be possible for everybody that has had the 20k service to post the dealers name, cost and whether any valves needed shims  :440:

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
Re: 20k mile service
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 01:52:37 pm »
Not many UK Trophys reached 20k then  :084:

Offline redcap0006

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE
  • City / Town: Athlone
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 06:13:25 pm »
Can't give you UK information Malcolm, but my 2013 TT SE is heading for 20000 miles service this week.  In fact its going in on the basis that I am riding it to France next week, has only 16,500 miles on the clock but has not been serviced in the past 12 months which is the length of time that I have owned it.   

If you want the costs incurred from Triumph Dublin (only dealer in Eire that I know about) I will post with a breakdown of work done.

Wonder am I the only TT SE owner in the Republic???

Offline Ernest T

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Salado, Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 02:24:10 pm »
I just had the 20K service and it was a little over $500 US.  Four shims were replaced--I don't have the invoice in front of me so I cant remember the number of intake or exhaust, but I'd bet most were exhaust shims.  My service  was comped due to some issues I had with maintenance in the past. 

Offline littleade

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: worcestershire
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 09:22:16 pm »
*Originally Posted by malcolm [+]
Not many UK Trophys reached 20k then  :084:

Have you tried ringing Triumph as they have details of the typical costs dealers charge and were very helpful when I rang up to ask about what I could expect to pay for servicing a TEX both annually and the 20k one.

Offline neojynx

• Ex Member
  • Garry, Fareham
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 09:23:14 pm »
*Originally Posted by littleade [+]
Have you tried ringing Triumph as they have details of the typical costs dealers charge and were very helpful when I rang up to ask about what I could expect to pay for servicing a TEX both annually and the 20k one.

and the response was ....  - which might give a 'little' guidance..  altho the Ex is similar yet so different too
Honda Deauville
Honda Pan European ST1100
Triumph Sprint GT
Triumph Trophy - The blue one

Offline littleade

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: worcestershire
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 12:51:12 pm »
Well..... if I could only find the bit of paper I wrote the prices down on :138: For the annual service IIRC they said to expect to pay between £140 and 200 and I think the 20k one started about £400. They also said that unlike many car schedules the 20k service is just that-no need to do it until you hit 20k no matter how long it takes rather than 20k or so many years which for any low milage riders out there is good news. Guess with the TT the cost will be more as they will have to remove bits of tbe fairing etc.

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 04:09:59 pm »
I had my 20,000 service at Triumph Newcastle.

Service 2 shims and fitted two new tyres:

Labour £312
Parts, Oil, Service Kit, two Michelin PR4GT, 2 shims and set brake Pads £440.48
VAT £150.50
Total £902.98

Since then I have bought and fitted a pair of PR4GT's and saved about £70 on the above prices.

I think their prices are on the high side but it is convenient for me and I was kept informed and bike felt great after this investment.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

tweedy-bunch