Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Great First Ride; but....  (Read 5770 times)

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
Great First Ride; but....
« on: March 08, 2015, 03:09:31 am »
I picked up my new 2014 Pacific Blue today.   Awesome,  ride!   

A few items.  My Samsung 5 was too big for the glove box.   I will use the top case:)   I can't figure out how to use the controls to get to the audio settings.   Conseqently, it was 150 miles with no tunes.    I wanted to buy the tank bag.   I tried it on with the dealer but I couldn't get  front post to settle in.  I got the two back post to slide in once I removed the to two plugs.  How do you do the front post.   Lastly, I have a Garmin 55O.  Does it fit one of the Triumph GPS OEM brackets?  The description in the catalog said Garmin 600.   

That said, what a ride boys.   I can't wait until it's broken in:}
Big Country

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Great First Ride; but....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 04:09:59 am »
There is a whole separate manual for the audio system, and now that mine is set the way I like it, I probably couldn't remember how to reset it without the manual if something went south.  I don't have a tank bag, but I'm sure others here can give you info on the bag and your Garmin mount.  Lots of good help here for any and all questions.   :400: to the fold.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 05:01:30 am »
To do the front you need to take off the black plastic tank cover and put in the elasticised clip that will sit there to click into the front of the tank bag. Others with experience of the other garmins will chime in, but you could have a look in the discussion on various GPSs and how they fit the mount.

Offline Stoney

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 & '17 TT SE
  • City / Town: Simi Valley, Ca
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:14:15 am »
Bigcountry, I found the tank bag the easiest of accessories to install.  It does require you to remove the center panel that it attaches to, but should only take a few minutes to complete.  if you haven't yet, go to www.triumphinstructions.com and input the part number (A9510095), ind you will have full instructions to install the bag.  All of Triumph's accessories require you to go online for installation instructions, and sometimes also will direct you to read the factory service manual on the necessary disassembly of the bike required to do the installation. That part is kind of annoying!  Nothing where I couldn't find answers right here in this forum, however.  Have fun!
STONEY

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 07:08:05 am »
Hi bigcountry,

Were you given a copy of the separate Audio Manual ?

To access the Audio Menu, press and hold the "Mode/Menu" button for 2 seconds.
( Marked with "M" and a musical Note symbol ).

From there if you have a look over in the Servicing Data and Reference Information Topic,
at the foot pf Reply #1 you will find a downloadable Triumph SE Menu Map
showing you the layout of the various Menus.
( This includes details for the Sirius XM radio that we don't have in the UK )

For your Sat Nav, several Members have fitted the Zumo 550 to the Triumph bracket ( and other models )
but mount it higher on the bracket by using th bottom 2 holes of the 550 cradle
bolted to the top 2 holes of the fixed bracket, so that the bottom section of the 550
does not partially obscure the instrument panel.

There's a couple of excellent "HOW TO" articles that will help with the installation :

HOW TO : Remove the Fairiing ......, and

HOW TO : Fitting Triumph Sat Nav Bracket ....

Cheers  :821:

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 01:40:53 pm »
Looks like another case of very poor customer service in the USA. The dealer should have gone through all the menus with you on handover. Its mandatory from Triumph. I told my dealer I would read the handbook when I got home but he said he had to go through it all before I could take the bike and if you had your phone with you he should of helped you set it up before driving of same with the tank bag surely the dealer new how to install it  :125:

Offline carlh

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Terrebonne, Oregon
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 05:35:35 pm »
I have a Zumo 550 and mounts on all 3 of my bikes.  On the TTSE buy the OEM mount for around $85.  Then you need the Garmin cradle and power cord which will mount up with your OEM plate's 4 holes.  From here, it gets a bit more complicated.   Triumph makes a connecting cable which puts the Garmin audio output into the TTSE's radio input.  I think that patch cable is only about $15.  But you have to remove a bunch of stuff to get to the connections.  So your choices are 1. don't use the GPS audio out and just look at the screen, 2. take it to the dealer and let them do the install (I did this at the first service) or 3. do it yourself (not so hard but time consuming).  Now I just have to pray my 550 lasts, as it is no longer supported by Garmin.  When it fails I will have to buy the new Garmin, and replace cradles and wiring on all three bikes.  The price of convenience, I guess.  Good luck!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 06:24:53 pm »
The others have addressed most of your issues so I'll only mention the lack of size in the glove box.  While I had the iphone 5 the glove box was fine but having moved to the iphone 6 I find the fit a bit snug while the USB is plugged in.  Actually more than a bit snug.  I have to fiddle with the phone and USB cord just right to avoid an extreme bend in the wire.  At the same time I like the convenience of continually charging via the USB port.  When you use the top box are you continually charging?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST