Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Screen not parking  (Read 7550 times)

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
Screen not parking
« on: March 08, 2015, 04:55:33 pm »
After a couple of months with the screen playing up, either sticking up or down it started to behave itself again. Anyway the 10,000 service was due so so took to the dealer and parked up and as if by design the screen wouldn't  park with the ignition turned off but it would operate with the switch. If it's going to fail then what better place to do it, anyway the dealer said that they would clean it up give it a good lubrication and a software update which is supposed to make the switches that detect a jam less sensitive. It didn't help but the dealer said they would discuss it with Triumph, anyway 2 weeks later got a call from the dealer to say that Triumph have sent them a complete new unit for the screen, wow.

So off to the dealer this week for a new module to be fitted, they say BMW's warranty is great but I am more than happy with the service that I have received from the dealer and Triumph, I currently have the 2 year manufactures warranty and Triumph still don't offer the 3rd year option but the dealer does offer their own warranty deal so will seriously consider that for peace of mind. It's either that or part exchange the bike for a.... Another Trophy  :745:
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Screen not parking
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 06:49:30 pm »
Sounds like excellent Customer Service to me !  :047:

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 12:37:57 am »
I had the same issue with my screen and they ended up replacing the motor unit.  The new unit comes with a stronger motor and a larger resistor, which is the control for when to stop at the top or bottom.  I have had zero issues with it since the replacement.
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline Datum 28

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 01:31:35 am »
good to know on the larger motor/resistor!

Offline Saaz

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:54:01 am »
Mine behaves itself, but can refuse to go up if there is a really strong headwind at speed. Better than stripping something.  Not a big issue for me as at least I can tell if there is a headwind!

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:04:06 am »
Well new motor fitted and all works - for one day anyway,  the screen wouldn't park now it's stuck in the up position and won't operate up or down via the switch and or park with the ignition off, as much as I love this bike this is becoming an irritant :233:
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 11:20:41 am »
Glad the dealer and Triumph took care of you. That's the way it should be.  :028:
Trophy Tom

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 12:37:21 pm »
E-mail the dealer owner but make sure you copy to Triumph UK.... I'm sure you will get a very swift and positive resolution to the parking issue
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch