Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Scratched Rim  (Read 13075 times)

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
Scratched Rim
« on: March 08, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »
Took the Trophy in yesterday to the dealer to have them replace the rear tire as part of the deal when I purchased the bike from them three weeks ago. The bike only has 4700 miles on it and still looks new, so I asked her to make sure that they please don't scratch the rims (something I've experienced on my previous bike). While they were changing the tire, I shopped around the showroom. She came out and said that she has some good news and some bad news. The good news is that they were finished, the bad news was that they scratched the rim to the metal in three places. What the hell, are you kidding me? No I wish I was but don't worry, we will have a paint/powder coater come in and fix it, we will just have to schedule it. I don't know enough about the powder coating process to know if it can be touched up like paint can be touched up. Too say I was mad is an understatement. She said accidents happen. I said no, accidents don't just happen, people being careless, or don't know what their doing, or rushing a job because its Saturday and time to go is the SH-- that happens. Can you tell, I'm still mad. Thanks for letting me vent.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Scratched Rim
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 08:10:17 am »
That IS really annoying  :233:

I hope the Dealer is going to make good with some sort of additional compensation,
such as hefty discount off some accessories / next service etc, to make up for your wasted time
and the inconvenience of having to return and have the repair carried out ?

If you actually get to meet the operative that carries out the repair,
could you ask them if they can identify the colour code of a suitable touch up paint
for minor scatches - it appears that Triumph "don't know" what colour their wheels are painted,
and several Members would be interested in this ?

Cheers  :821:

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 08:26:46 am »
I have never had scratched rims and this is the first time I have heard of it happening.

Demand a new wheel. That is outragous!
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline malcolm

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: york
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 03:01:09 pm »
sound like they used metal tyre levers  :005:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 08:29:19 pm »
*Originally Posted by Berber [+]
I have never had scratched rims and this is the first time I have heard of it happening.

Demand a new wheel. That is outragous!
When I lived in Grenoble, France I had exactly the same thing happen with my BMW M3. Two wheels on my immaculate M3 scratched all to hell.    My French wasn't that good so I asked my secretary to intervene.  She started talking so fast I couldn't follow a word she said but I do know they replaced two wheels. And apologized profusely in the process.  So it can happen!
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Zebraranger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 16 Moto Guzzi Griso
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 01:35:27 am »
I hope the Dealer is going to make good with some sort of additional compensation,
such as hefty discount off some accessories / next service etc, to make up for your wasted time
and the inconvenience of having to return and have the repair carried out ?
I don't know about that. One of the service writers thought it was funny. When I saw him laughing about it, him and I almost come to blows there in the service bay, it got very heated. All I can do now is wait a few days for the call, If I don't here from them by Friday, I will be back Saturday morning.

Offline snarl

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ledyard, CT
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 02:20:00 am »
Mine was more than scratched. It was actually gouged in a few places.  :233: I have been replacing tires for decades and never had a problem. Wanted to let the dealer have the work as I believe in supporting them. Bad choice on my part.  :430:
Won't be returning there ever again.
Oooo, that's cool. I want one! . . . what's it do?

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 06:24:55 am »
Not good
Just had my front tyre replaced at the dealers. Took the wheel in.
Wheel was cleaned and I took photos of the wheel.
Both the dealer owner , tyre fitter and myself agreed on the condition of the wheel. Once tyre changed wheel checked again with tyre tech.

Good dealer good service. There is no excuse for shoddy work from any authorised dealer anywhere.
Should be the same as it went into the shop. If "accidents happen" that is not your problem.

Seadog
seadog

tweedy-bunch