Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: What Now?  (Read 4621 times)

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy, 06 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gretna, LA
What Now?
« on: March 08, 2015, 11:59:38 pm »
Gents,

I showed off my new bike today.  Neighbors oood and Odddd....   I came back down a few hours later and the "Check ABS" came up, it wouldn't start, I thought maybe it needed to go through the computer recycling.....  Then it went dead.  I have it on a tender??

A few other tidbits from yestersday's post.   I used my RAM GPS mount that I had mounted on my Tiger.  It worked.  I'll run with that until....
I contacted the dealership regarding my radio.... I was going to wait until the 500 mile....  Now I will have them take care of it. 

Thanks to the info I gained from this forum I will get the tank bag.   Thanks Stoney!!

BTW, due to the electronics....I purcahsed the extra 4 years of warranty.   Looks like I made a good choice this time.   Don't worry I get it.   I don't judge a whole new purchase/new bike on initial "Oh sh#ts" but, this does kinda piss me off:)  A little. 
Big Country

Offline kurtmartin1027

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: Trenton
Re: What Now?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:35:58 am »
I dont blame you on the little things.  I am a believer in when I buy it new it shouldn't have ANY issues.  There arent any with the vast majority of new cars so why should a bike be different.  Just my two cents.  I am glad to see you chost the tank bag I have one and love love it!!.  This is my first sport touring bike, I came from mostly import cafe bikes and the track but this is something that I say to myself I should have done years ago.  Happy motoring!!  Be safe!!
It may not be legal but I have a Dr's note!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 03:08:11 am »
I'd be on the dealer's doorstep in the morning.  Fortunately you are very close.
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 03:39:42 am »
No I'm not.  I purchased from Hattiesburg cycles:(
Big Country

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 03:45:50 am »
Oh, when I looked on the map it looked like you are just across the river from the dealer on 901 Julia. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 04:54:09 am »
I am.  They didn't have a blue14.   Hattiesburg did.  It's an awsome dealership though. 
Big Country

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 07:51:39 am »
Hi bigcountry,

Ask the Dealer to make sure that the Software update has been applied to the Audio sustem.

There was a known issue with some Sirius XM Radio systems where the audio unit did not shut down
when the Ignition was turned off, resuting in continued Power drain that flattened the battery.

Low battery voltages seem to throw up all sorts of spurious error messages on the Instrument panel -
it is possible likely that there's nothing wrong wth your ABS at all, and once the software update is applied,
( if it hasn't already been done ), and the battery restored, all will be well again !

Cheers  :821:

Offline bigcountry

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 02:16:49 pm »
Gents,
  The dealer picked up my bike, gave me a new battery, and loaded the new software and aplogized....   I also hit them, alternator diode, lose wires, and ensuring there were no hot outlets (usb, 12 volt plugs...); I don't think they were ready for some of the details I through at them.  Thanks to the members on this Forum I was able to cut to the chase and move it along smartly.    Thanks BC
Big Country

tweedy-bunch