Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: dropped it  (Read 10055 times)

Offline stantheman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: wirral
dropped it
« on: March 12, 2015, 12:25:23 pm »
Well I picked it up yesterday..black 2014 model...rode just under 100 miles..awsome...wifey loved the comfort.which is always a plus!..dropped her back home and of I went again..decided to turn around.pulled into a side road...after riding my gsa which I could turn round on dime...u guessed it..over I went.don't know how it happend ..trailed the rear brake knew I wasn't going to get round so just dabbed the front brake and over I went!!.tis many years since I dropped a bike...but 3 hours into ownership :110:..I could have cried....think I did..lol....got off very lightly..pannier scratched and a small scratch on the fairing..already used colour magic on it..hides it a bit..but so angry with myself!!...

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: dropped it
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:52:15 pm »
sorry about your mishap, it has happened to some of us, I know it's not of a great help to you  :431:.
Low speed, front wheel not in perfect aligment with rear and use of front brake is a definite recipe for what ahappened to you, most important is you did not injure yourself and small scratches can be fixed!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:02:46 pm by Verdun95 »
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 01:00:07 pm »
Stantheman

Sorry to hear of your mishap especially so new. But it is done now. Join the club  :008:

Same thing for me practicing slow manoeuvres and in a old car park with bad surface. If doing any slow manoeuvre now I don't even cover the front brake.

There are a few members on here who have admitted the same. There is probably a few who haven't. Ha ho
At least you were not under the bike.

seadog
seadog

Offline RocketSteve

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE & Boss Hoss
  • City / Town: Bideford
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 01:46:46 pm »
Not a good read and hate the thought of the sick gut feeling during those few seconds :161:

I've found the throttle has almost sent me down on slow turns a few times, the light resistance does take some getting use to after riding with cables & springs all my life.

Hope the damage isn't too bad...
To test a man's character, give him (horse) power.

Offline Bludy L

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wayne Co, Ohio
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 02:40:39 pm »
You're not the first and won't be the last.

Glad it wasn't any worse.
My mother asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. I said "a biker". She said I'd have to choose one or the other.

Offline EFin

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TTSE
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 05:17:25 pm »
Sorry to hear of your misfortune ... but THANK YOU for sharing!!

I'm still debating on getting a 2014 TTSE, but am about 98% sure I'm going to but one.   At the dealer I took a test ride, and came back and tried to see how she handled going slowly through the parking lot, but was at a pretty fast walking pace... tapping the rear break and playing w/ clutch & throttle... super glad what happened to you didn't happen to me IN the dealer parking lot!   :233:
But... slow maneuvering is a good skill set which I'd plan to work on upon buying the bike.... and now have this lesson to keep in mind!!!  So thanks!!!
if it helps:
I dropped my Harley... before I ever rode it once!!  In the garage, sitting on it... getting a feel for it... saying vrooom vrooom... I didn't put the kick stand down, and went to get off and..... 600lbs all the way to floor!!  Strained my back trying to keep it from going but couldn't... lucky w/ just a minor scratch on bottom corner of tank and on clutch lever... so at least you got miles on it first! :)

2014 Trophy SE ... faster blue one
1999 HD Dyna Wide-Glide ... old faithful waiting to be passed along

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 05:22:26 pm »
Hi there Stan, sorry to hear about your little spill. Must have felt horrible when so new. At least the damage is very minor and has easily been resolved!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline stantheman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: wirral
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 08:44:36 pm »
Thanks guys for the tea and sympathy....was gonna keep it to myself...but a problem shared and all that!!

tweedy-bunch