Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: No Service!  (Read 3243 times)

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Grand Cane, LA
No Service!
« on: March 13, 2015, 01:42:05 am »
Stopped by the Triumph dealership in Ocala, FL. to see about getting some new rubber and maybe try and get the audio software update. No go! Service rep tells me it would be at least 4 days before he could work me in. I'm like " you're kidding right?" He says "no, can't help you it's bike week." So I ask him where there is another dealer that I can at least the tires changed since I have 10,000 miles on them and again he tells me he can't help me. Now that's piss poor service for you. Hell, bike week I'd in Daytona , 2 hours away from Ocala. :233:
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline william

• Trophy Pro
  • its not your beliefs that make you a better person
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
Re: No Service!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:59:32 am »
Last year I ahd same issue so I went to Destination Daytona, (Bruce Rossmeyer Harley) lots of tire reps there, Michelin rep was extremely helpful, had to settle for a Dunlop although cause no Michelin tires available for the TT, very limited, unless your on a Harley.. J and P cycles provided the tire, and the traveling garage that was on their lot installed, I was very happy with J and P and their contracted mechanics, they were awesome, I also was in bad shape, cords showing on back tire.

When i got back to KY i had my local bike shop order me the pilot Road 4, i love them.

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 03:40:11 am »
Thanks William. Actually going to head back to Daytona tomorrow. Found the number to BMW of Daytona who also sell Triumph, but haven't seen Destination listed anywhere. I am going by J & P Cycles but their website doesn't show one listed for our size in any brand.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:48:59 am »
Seems like the dealer should have some how helped you out. Don't take that long to swap out a set of tires.
Trophy Tom

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 02:58:33 pm »
 :233: Better to change the dealer especially if he is the one you bought it off. He will suffer when bike week is finished and lost all the passing trade.

Should look after his local customers.

seadog
seadog

Offline atvtinker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 01:30:30 am »
Actually seadog this place was not my local dealer. I'm on a road trip around Florida. The dealership is called RideNow Powersports. They won't have to worry about me coming through again.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550
'14 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline janfmiller

• Trophy Master
  • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 05:53:26 pm »
Must be a Florida thing. Had a flat tire there a couple of years ago, close to quitting time, not one shop I called would help out a stranded rider...  That was Bike Week as well but up toward St. Augustine.
1977 Suzuki TS-185
1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES NON-DCT

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 08:44:08 pm »
I had a similar incident in Fairbanks Alaska. Perhaps even worse.  I'd ridden up from Texas and around Alaska a bit and was in Fairbanks.  My rear tire was pretty much toast.  The only Triumph dealer in Alaska is in Anchorage, 360 miles away.  The only shop in Fairbanks with a tire my size was the Harley dealer.   He was happy to sell me the tire at an outrageous price but he refused to mount the tire.    "Won't work on Triumph's" he said.  Even if I took the wheel of the bike he refused a simple tire mount.  Even when I explained my situation (5500 from home, nearest Triumph dealer 360 miles away.  The SOB seemed to take absolute delight in my discomfort.   Fortunately I found an independent who would do the tire mount but he didn't have my size tire.   I tell you it really chapped me to have to buy that tire from the Harley dealer. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

tweedy-bunch