Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Good Service  (Read 2282 times)

Offline TrophyCat

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Several
Good Service
« on: March 14, 2015, 05:25:37 pm »
So last Saturday I went to my dealer to report the rear TPMS sensor was displaying low battery on the dash. It was booked in for today and I dropped it off this morning. They loaned me Tiger Sport whilst mine was in the shop. Picked it up this afternoon and they told me they'd replaced both the front and the back all done under warranty. Super service from the dealer and Triumph.  :020:   :047:

So how was the Tiger Sport. Well it was a cold day and I felt really cold on the Tiger with little to no wind protection. It was quick and handled reasonably well, but as a package I felt it was not in the same league as the Trophy. It was like a Ford Fiesta compared to a BMW. I was glad to get back on the Trophy and enjoy the superb screen and after I got home after 30 odd miles I wasn't cold at all.

The Trophy really is a great bike.

Now a question to you guys, have other folks who had TPMS issues also had both front and back TPMS sensors replaced under warranty.
My current babies:-
2013 TTSE
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650
1997 Yamaha Virago 1100
1979 Suzuki GS750E

Offline terrytriumphgt1050

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Lytham St Annes
Re: Good Service
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 06:39:03 pm »
My rear TPMS failed 6 moths ago after about 6 months of ownership and they only replaced the rear under warranty  surprised that they replaced both of yours but can't grumble at the service your getting, perhaps they think that if the rear has failed then the front will follow soon although that has not been the case on mine - so far?
People who wear ties tell lies.

Offline snarl

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Ledyard, CT
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:18:03 pm »
Just had both replaced under warranty. Both were reading about 2 pounds off forcing me to over inflate to keep the warning off.
Oooo, that's cool. I want one! . . . what's it do?

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:56:14 pm »
Nice to see that the dealers and Triumph are taking care of there customers  :046:
Trophy Tom

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 11:07:27 pm »
As mentioned a few times the Front TPMS displays low battery on initial start-off on very cold winter mornings (<0C). No indication during normal mornings that is hasn't indicated since mid August 2014. Also on cold mornings the screen has a few foibles, but once moving is okay.
Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 02:14:58 pm »
Mine was in for an annual service (not mileage requred) when it was cold and it had the low battery message displayed, so the dealer ordered one in under warranty and they just replaced it when I had a new tire mounted.  The warning never showed up after service since the temps warmed up, but I at least got one sensor replaced.  Maybe next winter the front will do the same and I can get that one before the warranty runs out.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 02:33:40 pm »
Hi TrophyCat,

good to hear of the service we should all get.  Just had mine in for 20,000 service, low battery warning on front TPMS and a pair of Michelin PR4's.  I was quoted £716 for all this work.  Could have had a loaner but not allowed it overnight and as the bike was in for two days and two nights the loaner was of no use to me.

I collected the bike with a bill just over £900 so £200 more than quoted.  The explanation being new front brake pads and two shims for the valve clearance.

The bike ran great and the TPMS warning was fixed, they too replaced both under warranty.  The explanation of the overrun on the estimate placated me and the cost of ownership is currently OK for me.  It was expensive and I dare say I could have shopped around and saved 10 to 15%.

Having a local dealer is a big benefit and I am building my confidence in them.

I'm loving the PR4's and glad, at present, I switched from the Roadsmart's, on this Forum's recommendation, but not been on them in the wet yet; so far so very good.

It was Triumph Newcastle  :152: and so far having bought the bike there at 6,000 last June, had the 10 and 20K services done there am a happy customer.  My plan is to get a newer Trophy at the end of this riding season (not that I comply with riding seasons!), perhaps their demonstrator or a very low mileage 2015 bike would be good.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE