Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Way to Record DealerTool Values  (Read 3068 times)

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE ABS
  • City / Town: Florida
Way to Record DealerTool Values
« on: March 20, 2015, 03:41:19 pm »
I like the DealerTool but I haven't found a way to print out a report of the results.  I thought this might be valuable when you go to sell the bike to indicate to prospective buyers that the bike has been well taken care of.  I created the attached form to keep track of the results.  You can either print it out and fill it out by hand or you can enter the values and print the form (for us OCD neatniks).  If anyone notices an error or has suggestions on ways to improve it, please let me know.  Even typos or spelling!

Cheers

Data

Edited on 3/22/2015
I replaced the form with one that has some corrections.  The previous form had some of the rows that were not lined up with the rest of the document.  I discovered an easy way to fix this.  Thanks to Coconut for pointing this out!!  I learned something.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:29:51 am by DataDavid »
Cushman Motor Scooter, Yamaha 60, Suzuki 380, BMW R1200RT, Honda ST1300, Honda Goldwing, and finally a Triumph Trophy!

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Way to Record DealerTool Values
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 03:52:29 pm »
HI DataDavid,

Another great idea  :028:  I think I'm beginning to understand the reason for your Forum Name  :008:!

If I was going to be really picky I'd mention that the right border of Rows 1 to 7
are ever so slightly inset from Rows 8 onwards !

More importantly, I can't fill in any of the Interactive fields,
or select anything from any of the drop downs !

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:26:36 am by Coconut »

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 04:06:27 pm »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
HI DataDavic,

Another great idea  :028:  ) think I'm beginning to understand the reason for your Forum Name  :008:!

If I was going to be really picky I'd mention that the right border of Rows 1 to 7

Coconut,
That is odd about the interactive fields.  Can you not choose any data?  Does your form look like the screen shot I have attached.  I'll work on the borders!  Thanks.

About my forum name - one day at work a co-worker called me a nerd.  I replied that I wasn't a nerd - I was a geek.  Someone else asked what the difference was.  I told them a geek is a nerd with an education. :745:

Data
Cushman Motor Scooter, Yamaha 60, Suzuki 380, BMW R1200RT, Honda ST1300, Honda Goldwing, and finally a Triumph Trophy!

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Re: Way to Record DealerTool Values Border Issues
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 07:15:57 pm »
Coconut,
 :431:
I looked at the borders and you are correct, the first 7 rows are slightly inset from the rest of the document.  That happened when I created the form in Microswift Word and those first seven rows became a separate table from the rest of the document.  I can correct it in word easily but to correct the PDF version I would have to recreate all the fillable entries.  Next time you are in Jacksonville, Florida, I'll buy you a beer if you can live with the mistake.   :745:

Cheers

Data

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 09:38:12 am »
Hi again,

Really no need to apologise - I'm sure I speak for all in saying how grateful we are
for you taking the time and trouble to produce this ( and other ) forms   :028:

Was just letting you know about the Border thing as a very minor issue
that I thought you might like to know about.  I can certainly live with it -
Please leave the beer "in the tap" for now  :821:

( I've got the form "fillable" now - was a setting issue at my end  :138: )

Offline DataDavid

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 10:34:07 am »
*Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
HI DataDavid,

Another great idea  :028:  I think I'm beginning to understand the reason for your Forum Name  :008:!

Coconut,
Thanks for pointing out the alignment issues (really)!  I had been thinking about how I could correct that with out creating all the fillable blocks again.  I found out if I created the a blank form (not fillable) from my Word document with the alignment issue fixed I could copy all the fillable blocks from the old one to the new one.  Thanks!!!

I swapped out the form on my first post in this thread.  It is version 4 now.

tweedy-bunch