Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Making calls..  (Read 5020 times)

Offline Iain

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stornoway
Making calls..
« on: March 23, 2015, 08:19:48 pm »
I've just paired my iPhone and headset with the bike.

My understanding from reading the manual is that I can accept but not make calls through the audio system. Am I right?
Honda VFR 2002
Sprint ST 2007
Sprint ST 2009
Sprint GT 2011
Trophy SE 2013

Offline ZShyster

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Elmhurst, Illinois
Re: Making calls..
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 08:44:39 pm »
Based on my reading of the manual and my experience using the system you are right.

When I have a need to make calls, I pair the helmet and the phone to my Garmin 660 which also has music loaded on it.  This cuts the bike out but I can make and receive calls via the Garmin.

ZShyster

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:58:01 am »
*Originally Posted by Iain [+]
I've just paired my iPhone and headset with the bike.

My understanding from reading the manual is that I can accept but not make calls through the audio system. Am I right?

Yes you are right.  It's ridiculous isn't it?

Hope someone can explain the rationale behind what I see as a shortcoming.

I do understand distractions when riding are to be avoided but surely the rider is in the best position to decide if making a phone call was a distraction or necessary.  On other bikes where a calling out facility has been available I have used it extensively, mainly to sort accommodation out whilst sitting in a lay by on the edge of town, or even to call home ahead of my arrival so the kettle can be on - you know important stuff.

Later

Dave
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Travelling2bob

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 10:01:15 am »
Only paired iPhone into SenaSMH10 headset leaving both audio BT outlets for the pillion in a million and myself. In fact the former doesn't need to pair into the bike as I can stream audio through my Sena heaset via firmware v5.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Triumph Trophy SE
Triumph Thunderbird 1600
Triumph Sprint ST
Ducati ST3

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:25:56 pm »
I think unless the bike has a built in intercom function like the K1600 you would not be able to make calls through the audio system, but I'm by no means and expert in electronics being the geezer I am.  On the K bike there has long been the opinion that you could not make outgoing calls with the phone paired to the audio system, until just recently when someone figured out the code to use in the functions to make it happen and now everyone on that forum knows how to do it.  There may be a secret on the Trophy that will make that happen too, it just needs a techie to figure out the sequence of operation to make it happen.  It's just easier to me to use the phone directly to the headset and the headset to the audio on the bike and then I can voice dial through the headset and it mutes the audio for the duration of the call - or intercom if it's paired with another helmet.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Harlock

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Torino
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:28:19 pm »
If you have an iPhone, you can make a phone call using Siri. It Works both with iPhone 5 and iPhone 6. I used a Cellularline water resistant cover that allowed the utilization of the hardware home button, and I fixed it on the handlebar. I used Nolan N-com B1, and the standard connections of the bike. in this way I was both able to receive and make calls. Now I have a Zumo 590. It even more friendly, because if you connect the iPhone both to Zumo and Trophy (but NOT to the helmet), you can call using the Zumo functions. At a red traffic light, you can make a call in 10 seconds.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 08:10:47 pm »
I too use a Garmin Zumo 590.

I connect my iPhone to the USB port for music. The iPhone is then bluetooth connected to the Zumo and the Zumo is bluetooth connected to the bluetooth of my Autocom helmet system.

I can accept incoming calls and make outgoing ones all via the zumo 590 screen
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 07:04:02 am »
Thanks Harlock I'll try that.

Later

Dave