Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: tes warning...refer to manual  (Read 2048 times)

Offline stantheman

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: wirral
tes warning...refer to manual
« on: March 24, 2015, 06:43:04 pm »
Had this come up a few times now after starting...missed out on a ride at the wkend!..am I doing something wrong?...only had bike 3 weeks and going in for 500 ml service next WK...after a ride its fine,then after leaving it a few days...I turn ignition on..let it go through the checking process..I see the tick to say yes OK...start her up then get warning refer to manual!..I've not changed any settings since last ride so then go into trip then profiles..and re edit one up with luggage and set..still get the warning..turned on and off at least 20 times...then it says callibtating...have read the manual many times...is it me not doing something correct...or is there a prob?..

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
Re: tes warning...refer to manual
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:46:15 pm »
if I try to start mine too quickly while it is still setting the TES then I sometimes get the message.  All I do is turn off immediately turn on wait for it to finish and start.  In fact did it today!  I have seen it reset once or twice while cranking I think the volts just drop too low. 

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 07:36:24 am »
Hi stantheman,

Have a look over in "HOW TO : Check the most common faults and issues Page 3 ( P-Z)"
and scroll down the page to the alphabetically listed section for TES - Calibration & adjustment
where there is an explanation of these processes, which you may find to be a little clearer than the Manual.

If you do keep getting the Warning message and are sure it is not down to "user error",
you can check to see if there are any Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC's ) stored,
and then look up what they mean.

For this head over to HOW TO : Check the most common faults & issues - Page 2 (E-O)
Scroll down to Fault Codes and follow the instructions there  :028:

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:50:42 am by Coconut »

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 10:25:15 pm »
I had the same problem and thought that I was starting the engine too soon and not giving the checking system enough time to run through the process.   

Freeway Phil

tweedy-bunch