Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Running lights (aka safety lights)  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Tropaion

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TSE "Golden Eye"
  • City / Town: Teteringen
Running lights (aka safety lights)
« on: April 12, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »
Hi All,

Has anybody installed Running lights yet?   
My wrench tells me it is not possible because of the canbus system.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
Re: Running lights (aka safety lights)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »
WRONG!  :192: Your Dealer's wrench-man needs to talk to my Dealer's wrench-man so he can learn how to install accessory lighting! So far, I have added a Coocase top-box with LED running and brake-lights installed, a pair of PIAA 1100LED accessory lights that work as daytime conspicuity and excellent night-time supplementary light. They can be wired to run continuously with your stock head light switch in both low and high-beam mode if your wrench knows what he's doing and I also attached a 6 bulb LED light bar on the bottom of the rear fender with both running and brake-light functions which....functions beautifully!
So, find you a wrench man who knows his stuff and farkle away!  -Dr Ron  :821:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Tropaion

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TSE "Golden Eye"
  • City / Town: Teteringen
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:21:22 AM »
Thank you for you reply Trumpetman13   :152:

I had my doubts about the electrical systems knowledge of the wrench, when I got a reply earlier from him.
I asked what kind of lighbulbs there are in the headlights, and he replied "H7".  They are in fact H4...  :430:

But ok,  runnings lights are possible   :046:.  just have to install them myself, or look for another wrench with a bit more knowledge of the electrical system.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »
Hey Tropaion, I replaced the stock H4 bulbs with PIAA Intense White (#10904) bulbs, 125/135 watts. The twin pack sold by Amazon.com for $48 American....very worth it!  -Dr Ron  :169:

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trumpetman13 [+]
WRONG!  :192: Your Dealer's wrench-man needs to talk to my Dealer's wrench-man so he can learn how to install accessory lighting! So far, I have added a Coocase top-box with LED running and brake-lights installed, a pair of PIAA 1100LED accessory lights that work as daytime conspicuity and excellent night-time supplementary light. They can be wired to run continuously with your stock head light switch in both low and high-beam mode if your wrench knows what he's doing and I also attached a 6 bulb LED light bar on the bottom of the rear fender with both running and brake-light functions which....functions beautifully!
So, find you a wrench man who knows his stuff and farkle away!  -Dr Ron  :821:

whoooo¡¡¡

photos????

link shop. pliss

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 02:13:58 AM »
The fuel tank leak, now makes (2). Mine as well is leaking from the white window. 500 miles on it? Hope they have a permanent fix.

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:27 PM »
Nert, So sorry to hear about your leak! Only reasonable response is to get a new tank. Then, once it's in your hot little hands, you rough up the surface of the nylon and the ABS junction and slather it in gasoline resistant silicone seal, let it cure for at least 24 hrs and then install it into the bike... a little pro-active thinking can save future headaches from the same damn thing happening with the new tank until they come up with a better design! :034:  -Dr RON

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:30 PM »
Given the hazardous nature of this problem I would hope that Triumph would be on it with some urgency!!!!!!

:451: