Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Howdy from Arizona, USA  (Read 1892 times)

Offline DancingDon

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Lunar Silver SE
  • City / Town: Tucson, AZ
Howdy from Arizona, USA
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:54:02 AM »
A short intro. Just traded my 2011 BMW R1200R for a new 2013 Trophy SE - Lunar Silver. Also ordered the top case -which should be here in "8-10 days". Sooner the better as my wife won't ride without a back rest. But this gives me a few days to learn the bike before going 2 up.
Stopped by the Triumph dealer yesterday. Did a 10 mile test ride , came back to the dealer and bought it. What a great machine! Best balanced bike ever, IMHO anyway, and I've been riding for many years and on many machines: Started riding seriously in early 1970's on 3 different Kawasaki 2-stroke triples, then rode a 1972 Triumph Daytona 500 all over the Western USA for a couple years, then several Yamahas including an RD400 and the 850cc 4-stroke triple "touring" machine - most top heavy bike ever. Several Harleys that I never liked. A few enduro machines mixed in here & there. Several BMW'sincluding an R65 and an early  K (1985) that I rode for 150k+ miles over lots of years, Then a 2003 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing for 8 years, then the R1200R that I just couldn't get comfortable on, and now what seems to be the best one of all, the Trophy.
Any other Trophy riders in Arizona?

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy from Arizona, USA
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:40:42 AM »
Hi,

Great choice, I haven't heard of anyone that hasn't made an instant decision from feet up.........enjoy :400:

Offline CoJaW

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:42:42 PM »
Welcome to the Triumph family, DancingDon!
With your biking history you are in a better position than most to judge the Trophy!
I hope it meets your expectations! Mine certainly has in the four weeks of ownership!

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
Hey Dancing Don, welcome to the best and brightest owners of the fine Trophy SE! I picked up my Lunar Silver about a month ago, had a whole lotta bikes in the last 40 years myself. The Trumpet is an excellent moto-companion and you're gonna love him...my motor started loosening up after about 1500 miles and is running even sweeter now! Enjoy and farkle the hell out of him, he is a worthy mount to spend your hard earned cash on, now that the bloody kids are out of the house! :169:  PS: let me know if you're ever out by the East Coast, look us up and we'll ride the Tail of the Dragon together. I'll hook you up with the rest of the "Frosty Dogs" crew!  :821:   -Dr Ron
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »
Hi Don  :401:

Like most of us older riders with 40+ years experience over the years we have had a varied amount of steeds. This is the best I've ever ridden and owned :062: Along with the rest of us that have purchase  a superb machine. Enjoy the ride dude  :152: :152:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline MT

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '13 Trophy
  • City / Town: Yelm, WA
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 12:26:46 AM »
Hey DancingDon, congratulations from the Pacific Northwest.

I bought one of the first Trophys delivered here in Washington, and so far, I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I've owned a string of Harley touring bikes and a GL1800, as well as a bunch of smaller machines over the years...this one is the best so far.

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:41:18 AM »
Hello and welcome Dancingdon. I am sure you and your wife will have many great trips on this fabulous machine. You will certainly have good weather for it.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 03:08:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  I went to Pheonix once and it rained !!!!!!!  The locals complained that we had brought it with us???? 

John