Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: From pristine to plastered - first ride  (Read 6490 times)

Offline bikerbob

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200SE
  • City / Town: Shrewsbury
From pristine to plastered - first ride
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:22:07 am »
Finally picked up my Trophy yesterday from the dealers and took the long way home - as you do. The weather was atrocious, but it didn't dim my enjoyment of the ride one bit. What did surprise me, however was the state of the rear end of the bike. As you can see from the pics it was literally plastered in filth. Easily washed off and no great sticks in the scheme of things, but a little disappointing. I think a rear mudguard extender and hugger are next on my list.

I fitted a side stand enlarger on getting home and for those of you considering this modification you might like to look at the pics I've posted on the Modifications and Appearance area of the forum.   
Lambretta LI 150, Triumph Tiger Cub, Honda C70, Honda CB175, CB125 Twin, CB250, CB500, CB550, Suzuki 400, Kawasaki Z400 and a BMW R90/6, Kawasaki GT550, Triumph Daytona 900, Triumph Trophy1200, Triumph Trophy 1215 SE

Offline Trophy Tom

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 trophy
  • City / Town: Hudsonville Mich.
Re: From pristine to plastered - first ride
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:19:37 am »
Glad you got her cleaned up that was a mess do you live on a dirt road? That's a lot of mud. Yuk
Trophy Tom

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:39:16 am »
Hi bikerbob,

Did your Trophy not come with the extended rear mudguard ?
i.e. the part below the Registration Plate in this Photo :

[smg id=355]
( Click the Photo for a larger view )

ON earlier Trophy Models they were listed as an accessory part,
but in 2014 Triumph started fitting them as standard ( "OEM" ) equipment.

If you bought a NEW Trophy, then it should already be fitted,
unless you bought a Trophy that was built before they started fitting them as standard,
in which case I would think you have a good case to ask Triumph to provide you with one Free of Charge !

They can be ordered from any Triumph Dealer - The Part number is: T2304609.
the Dealer just has to look for it as an OEM part and not as an accessory !

Cheers  :821:

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:15:01 pm »
Only really found one option for a hugger too and that is the one from Powerbronze and people have reported very mixed reviews as to the quality of fit with some people having to do some metal bending to get it to fit without rubbing on the tyres.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline bikerbob

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »
The dirt was collected on West Midlands A roads - not dirt tracks. Just shows what a UK winter puts on the roads. My bikes a 2103 model so the mudguard extender was not standard fitment. That said, thanks for the part number, I'll give my dealer a ring this week, seek one out and try and blag it free. You never know you're luck.

I to have read the mixed reviews of the Powerbronze hugger, but in the UK they seem to be the only current aftermarket supplier of huggers for the TT. Previous experience of them has been good, so I think I'll chance it. 
Lambretta LI 150, Triumph Tiger Cub, Honda C70, Honda CB175, CB125 Twin, CB250, CB500, CB550, Suzuki 400, Kawasaki Z400 and a BMW R90/6, Kawasaki GT550, Triumph Daytona 900, Triumph Trophy1200, Triumph Trophy 1215 SE

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:12:39 pm »
Surely the 2103 model should have been hovering above the dirt?? LOL :745: :745:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline bikerbob

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:27:22 pm »
Well spotted Cropbiker. That will teach me to check the wording carefully before pressing 'post.  :152:

Offline davidcumbria

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue SE 2014
  • City / Town: South Lakes
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 02:22:47 pm »
Glad you're enjoying the new bike. No point in pampering bikes in this green and pleasant land if you want to get out and ride. It does get dirty around the final drive but having treated mine with ACF 50 from new the bolts and linkages have stayed in close to as new condition despite looking like yours on many occasions. Think the quality must be pretty good. Ride and enjoy  :028: