Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Rider's seat options  (Read 6473 times)

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
Rider's seat options
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:53:27 AM »
From what I've read/seen, Triumph has released the Trophy in Australia with the low seat only. I've ridden the bike with both settings on the low seat, but find it's taking me a while to settle in. (Pointy, bony backside is the likely cause).

I see Brunodeola mentioned he finds the high seat more comfortable. Can I get some comments from riders who have tried both seats. Reaching the ground is no issue for me at 187cm. If the findings are like Bruno reports, I'll get the taller pew. Thanks for any pointers.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Tropaion

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TSE "Golden Eye"
  • City / Town: Teteringen
Re: Rider's seat options
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:27:32 PM »
...And there is even a third option;  the comfort seat  :046:

Wonder how that will be height/comfort wise.
Anybody out there who got the comfort seat ?

Online john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:32:53 PM »
I have heated seats so not sure how they compare.  I have tried both hog and low and not found much difference.  I dropped it to low as I found if I pit the screen up a lot of wind noise went so I tried low to see if it put me more out of the wind on lower screen setting.  I found my knees a bit higher as I think it pushed me a bit further forward on low.  So my knees were quite close to the wings on the tank.  I am 5.11 with longish legs.  There seems to be other settings on the way the seat clips in as well as   the adjuster rod.  But not played much.

My normal commute is 1 hour each way so gives it a bit of a work out.

John

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 02:17:33 PM »
Hi 59
Have the heated seat. I found the original seat very short of padding, if you sit to the back of it - 110 kilos doesn't help I guess.
The heated one is better, but not much, I still get a sore bum. I only got the heated seats to keep the moaning from the back to a minimum, only joking. She thinks it's the best pillion position and most comfortable seat she has sat on and that says a lot after an ST.

Chums in OZ. Have you got AM Band on the radio? The manual says it should be, for our spec model, FM, AM, USB, but I have FM, MW, LW & USB.

I also am having trouble with Bluetooth reception.
The Bluetooth does not work with 2 helmets. I have 2 sets of the new “Sharktooth” systems and there is constant breakup and stuttering of the signal. I have re-paired the helmets to the bike 3 times and swapped helmets over between the 1 & 2 channels, with no change to the problem.  I have switched the other helmet off, when re-pairing, to ensure that they are both not on the one channel. One, by its self, works OK, but it seems, with both, that they are on the same bandwidth and interfering with each other. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I'm out of ideas.

I also keep losing the radio. It shows "radio off" when I have not turned it off. It will not restart, using the manual guidelines. The only way to get it to work again, is to turn off the ignition and restart the motor.

My left fork has finally stopped leaking fluid, but I think the left pads are contaminated, as the rear brake, which incorporates the left calliper, after a set pressure, is not is very strong. It hasn't the bite of the Demo I used, when they checked the forks.

The “Instruments Select Button” does not operate correctly at times, unless prodded very firmly. The Demo Trophy had the same problem.

Do love the solo handling of the bike, the excellent fuel economy, rider position and protection from the elements.

Cheers

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 03:19:35 PM »
Ask about an audio software upgrade. Mine got done on Wednesday. Mine radio would die and not come back on. Hoping the software has fixed it.

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 05:59:31 PM »
Rob,

The MW setting is 'AM' for us in Oz.  Fooled about for a few minutes with the bluetooth to get my Scala headset hooked to the bike, without success. Don't think I'll bother until I go serious touring. I haven't had any other issues as reported by some owners. So far, so good.

Out again Sunday for a short run, low chance of rain.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Robmcg

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
  • City / Town: Adelaide
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 03:03:40 AM »
Hi 59
Firstly, turn up the volume on the bike and your headset, as I had trouble hearing the first time (the volume was too low).

Ensure you turn the system from Speakers to Headset.
This is available through the Audio Setup –
Press Mode/Menu button on the Audio consul - Radio Settings appears.
Scroll with Instrument Scroll Button to Audio Settings, press Instrument Select Button - Audio Settings appears.
Scroll with Instrument Scroll Button to Audio Output, press Instrument Select Button, scroll to Headsets and press Instrument Select Button.
Longwinded, but the manual isn’t clear and both buttons have abbreviations of ISB.
It seems to me, the selections, would sensibly, be done on the Audio consul, but this is not the case.
Cheers Rob

Offline TT13

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Constitution Hill
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 06:37:05 AM »
Here in Sydney ours came with the normal seats - we purchased the heated low's then added woollen seat covers - it's the seat covers that make the biggest difference

Also we get all the AM stations here - and yes it is MW on the dash

tweedy-bunch